Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about a month of research, looking at the different color combinations available on the market, posting tens of messages on this forum, see-sawing back and forth, etc...

I went back and forth between an exterior of Ibis White, Suzuka Grey Metallic, Ara Crystal Blue, Daytona Grey, and Florett Silver. I've owned quite a few sports/super cars (M3, M5, X5M, R35 GTR, etc) and across mostly neutral colors (some grey, some black, but most were white), so I told myself that this time I'm NOT GETTING WHITE! The Suzuka Grey is not white, but, it looks too close to white and I didn't want a color that even remotely resembles white. So, I decided to go with Florett Silver on Express Red. This color combination is very special to me, as it was the same exact color combination on my very first M3 (Titanium Silver on Imola Red). I'm wrapping up the deal this week and should be able to dispatch my carrier to pick up the vehicle by the weekend. This particular R8 is a 1-owner, clean Carfax, and Certified Pre-owned that just came in off lease from a repeat customer. The guy is 70 years old and actually leased a 2020 R8 V10 Plus after he turned in the car. It was garage kept and professionally detailed; the only main blemish was a very small chip that the dealer is going to repair. Previous owner did not apply PPF or Ceramic and I'm surprised the only blemish on the paint was that one chip. I'm sure it will still need a 1-step paint correction before ceramic and front PPF, but I saw very detailed pics, FaceTime walk-around and was very happy with the paint condition.

I was able to negotiate the price down to $141,900

Here's a link to the vehicle:

Also, here's a few pics sent to me by the dealer:

As you can see, the car is super clean and even the bolsters have very little wear on them. The previous owner was very careful and delicate with this car.

Here's to pay homage to my beloved M3 Titanium Silver on Imola Red (this is not actually mine; I couldn't find my photos of mine so I just grabbed one off the Internet)

Lastly, the other reason I had to go with the Silver is because, well, you know, Tony Stark drove a Florett Silver Audi R8 in Ironman :cool:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Awesome! Congrats and welcome to the R8 club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm getting together my list of initial mods and need some opinions. So, I'm currently planning to replace all the emblems with the gloss black versions and get the stock wheels power coated gloss black, same as the stock Black Optic wheels. I'm trying to decide if I should completely remove the side V10 badges, the front Audi rings, and just black out the rear Audi rings and R8 badge. Also, I'll be putting on front Black Optics grille but the 'Quattro' badge is still silver. Since the car is silver, I wonder if I should just keep the badge silver on it vs getting it blacked out to blend in with the rest of the grille.

In regards to exhaust, which of the most popular ones would you say sounds the most 'exotic' sounding? I'm currently going back and forth listening to the following: Fabspeed, Supersprint, X Race Pipe, Larini, and Ryft. If I haven't listed the other options available is because I either don't like the way it sounds or I'm not willing to pay the asking price (yes, I'm talking about you, Akrapovic, lol).

Next, I will be tinting the windows but curious if people are tinting the rear window glass... Are people not tinting it so you can always look at the beautiful engine bay?

Another question, does the 2017 V10 Plus come with the laser headlights or are they standard LEDs?

Last but not least, in terms of maintenance cost, how much can I expect to pay for the 10k mile/or 1 year Audi service? Is it worth it to buy Audi Care?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm getting together my list of initial mods and need some opinions. So, I'm currently planning to replace all the emblems with the gloss black versions and get the stock wheels power coated gloss black, same as the stock Black Optic wheels. I'm trying to decide if I should completely remove the side V10 badges, the front Audi rings, and just black out the rear Audi rings and R8 badge. Also, I'll be putting on front Black Optics grille but the 'Quattro' badge is still silver. Since the car is silver, I wonder if I should just keep the badge silver on it vs getting it blacked out to blend in with the rest of the grille.

In regards to exhaust, which of the most popular ones would you say sounds the most 'exotic' sounding? I'm currently going back and forth listening to the following: Fabspeed, Supersprint, X Race Pipe, Larini, and Ryft. If I haven't listed the other options available is because I either don't like the way it sounds or I'm not willing to pay the asking price (yes, I'm talking about you, Akrapovic, lol).

Next, I will be tinting the windows but curious if people are tinting the rear window glass... Are people not tinting it so you can always look at the beautiful engine bay?

Another question, does the 2017 V10 Plus come with the laser headlights or are they standard LEDs?

Last but not least, in terms of maintenance cost, how much can I expect to pay for the 10k mile/or 1 year Audi service? Is it worth it to buy Audi Care?
Gratz. Replace the Quattro with the newer Audi sport.

I took my dealer tint off my current car in the rear. It’s hard enough to see to the back as is, don’t need the tint to make it worse.

Laser is standard on 18 and up plus. Wasn’t available as an option for MY17 besides the special edition in the US.

I was gonna buy audicare for my gen2 but I traded it in instead so yes if you’re keeping.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gratz. Replace the Quattro with the newer Audi sport.

I took my dealer tint off my current car in the rear. It’s hard enough to see to the back as is, don’t need the tint to make it worse.

Laser is standard on 18 and up plus. Wasn’t available as an option for MY17 besides the special edition in the US.

I was gonna buy audicare for my gen2 but I traded it in instead so yes if you’re keeping.

The quattro badge on the grill is a simple peel off? If so, where do I get the Audi Sport one to replace it?

What price can I expect on the 10K mile service?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I also have a 2017 V10 Plus so I'll chime in to answer some of your questions. You can listen to all the exhaust clips in the world online it will not replace hearing them in person. I've heard in person the following...

Stock
Larini Club Sport (the one I own)
Quicksilver
Soul
Custom Titanium system.

They all sound very similar you cannot go wrong with any of them. I personally prefer my Larini Club Sport as number 2 out of all of those. The Custom Titanium system (it's a member on the forum here) sounds insane but you're looking at Akrapovic pricing to do that. I spent $1600 for a used Larini and $500 to install so roughly $2100 out the door. I agree I wouldn't go crazy with the exhaust systems. Remus I hear is good too for the money but never heard it in person.

Don't do that. You'll likely melt the tint if you put it over the engine bay. I have both side windows tinted and that's it. You could do the small glass window behind the driver but I opted to not bother.

No laser in 2017 for USA models.

Depending how long you keep the car it's worth it. I daily the car and have owned mine since August of 2017 so it was definitely worth it. It helped my car had it already from previous owner. I'd check with Audi you may be surprised to find out your car has it already. If it doesn't it's roughly $450 / $900 / $450 / $900 if I recall correctly what the dealer told me it would be out of pocket per year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congratulations on the new car.

Details on replacement of the front grill badge are in this thread.
Quattro has the heritage, however the splash of colour on the front grill does look good!

The quattro badge on the grill is a simple peel off? If so, where do I get the Audi Sport one to replace it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
There you have a look of my car with black wheels...I still need to order my black optics grill got my Vorsteiner front lip not sure if Im going to put on the wing though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The black optic grille is a nice change. I did the same on mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OMG!!! That’s sooo freakin’ sexy! I really can’t wait now until it arrives. I’ve already scheduled with a top body shop to have the wheels black gloss powder coated. I’m probably going to do the emblems myself to save some money. I see the V10 badge is removed... I think I like that; I’ll just do the rings front and rear and the R8 badge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats! I actually called on that car yesterday morning, but they told me it was sold. Absolutely love the silver/red combo. Do you have any intel on the Daytona Gray/red car at Lambo Houston? That one has caught my eye as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats! I actually called on that car yesterday morning, but they told me it was sold. Absolutely love the silver/red combo. Do you have any intel on the Daytona Gray/red car at Lambo Houston? That one has caught my eye as well.
Yea, I was eyeing the car for a few weeks before I finally decided to make an offer on it. I was going down to pick it up, but, due to work obligations, I have to have it shipped.

In regards to the Daytona on Red at Lambo Houston, they just got that not too long ago and it looks super clean. You should be able to get a decent discount on it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts