Audi R8 Forums banner

Finally go my 2022 R8 Spyder! First impressions

4K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  ksa 
#1 ·
After months of waiting I finally found a 2022 R8 Spyder RWD in Suzuka Gray and purchased it.
First impressions:
The car looks gorgeous in person, very exotic.
I took it to curvy mountain roads and wow this car handles the curves with such confidence and pleasure. I always heard reviews that complain steering lacks feedback. I’d say nonesense to that. I’m coming from a Porsche and can definitely say the R8 steering has plenty of feedback.
Above 5K RPM it pops and bangs fabulously. All it needs is a valve controller to keep the valves open all the time. The stock exhaust imho is good enough, specially with the top down.
The only minor thing with car is that I was surprised the suspession is so firm. Hopefully I’ll get used to it.

Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#12 ·
Congrats! Lovely spec!

Reactions: rr8v
#33 ·
Some states have laws about tinting lights. Have any of you with smoked lights had any issues? We have yearly state inspections in NC so I would worry about smoked lights being an issue. I don’t think it’s a problem for side markers but I believe that it would be for rear and front lights.

#34 ·
Here in Alberta, we have laws against tinting windows (which I always do anyway), though I am not certain if they care about tinted tail lights and head lights etc. But since it's a thin film and generally pretty cheap to get done (I have a guy that charges me less than $100 for all lights because I sent a lot of work his way) even if you have to remove it for an inspection and then re-apply, I feel it's not a bad thing. On my car above, the rear thin horizontal brake light in the rear is actually not tinted but it still looks tinted. My guy made a comment after tinting the tail lights that they now match that thing brake light which now appears to me that it comes a bit 'smoked' like that from the factory so we didn't feel the need to put a film on that part at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.