Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry couldn't resist it :) Thought I would share my joy with my fellow brethren...

Been on the waiting list since Feb 08 so I HAVE been patient.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wow, over a year wait!

Congrats! I know you will enjoy every bit of it!

:D

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Awesome!! So what IS your delivery date?? You have had enough time to learn about the car!! A good thing, but the anticipation must be unbearable.Your feelings about the car after first drive should be interesting!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last week in April, first week in May depending on shipping schedule. The wait has been unbearable to be honest, I was green with envy with everyone talking about theirs. I have read the brochure to death, enjoyed all the freebies and the Audi Driving Experience at Donnington Park was awesome.

Now I hate driving 'standard' cars so look forward to tastefully modifying it. First up the V10 side skirts if they fit and the carbon fibre steering wheel. Was also thinking of painting the roof panel gloss black. Have to stop myself going mad on the kit list.

3 weeks to go!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Last week in April, first week in May depending on shipping schedule. The wait has been unbearable to be honest, I was green with envy with everyone talking about theirs. I have read the brochure to death, enjoyed all the freebies and the Audi Driving Experience at Donnington Park was awesome.

Now I hate driving 'standard' cars so look forward to tastefully modifying it. First up the V10 side skirts if they fit and the carbon fibre steering wheel. Was also thinking of painting the roof panel gloss black. Have to stop myself going mad on the kit list.

3 weeks to go!

Long wait indeed. I am lucky, I got mine in under 6 months. The 2nd person on the waiting list backed off from his purchase and I got his place (I'd be 5th otherwise).

Make sure to take care of the car. If I were you, I'd ask the dealer to do the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) but not to wash or wax the car.

Take it to a pro and have it detailed the way it should be with wash, caly, polish, sealant and wax layers. The whole deal should cost you 3-400$.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Long wait indeed. I am lucky, I got mine in under 6 months. The 2nd person on the waiting list backed off from his purchase and I got his place (I'd be 5th otherwise).

Make sure to take care of the car. If I were you, I'd ask the dealer to do the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) but not to wash or wax the car.

Take it to a pro and have it detailed the way it should be with wash, caly, polish, sealant and wax layers. The whole deal should cost you 3-400$.
Some of these detailers are asking way more than $300-$400 per car. I got a quote of $400 for something very basic and telling me it would potentially cost up to $1000 if my paint condition is poor. No way I say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts