Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great day, picked the car up today. Looks great. love the sound.

going to drive it some more before my proper post.

Pics to follow.

·
Registered
274 Posts
tease tease tease...
come on with pics you guys!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
It looks really great in ibis white, that's a combination I have mulled over for some time. Well done.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Same here really amazing - but saw one with all the dead flies on it... Not that keen on cleaning my cars

·
Registered
29 Posts
i think the jet blue outside the showroom is a much better looking car ;)

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I think white looks great on the r8 and looks especially good with the contrasting blades.

·
Registered
183 Posts
R8's look great in any color (even jet blue)... While in Vegas test driving the R8 for the first time, the consensus of Germans was that white was the best color for the car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looking good TTej :)

I've seen an Ibis with carbon blade R8 in the flesh at Knockhill (Hi Jimmy if you're on here) and it looked awesome. Enjoy the car :cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments and ive replied to the PMs.

I had ordered black but after seeing it at Le Mans i found the black not giving me the wow factor that i was expecting. After speaking to a couple of mates, decided to go for white as ive always liked the press shots of it in white.

Obviously i'm going to say this but the White has to be the best colour for this car. Jet blue is nice but in the natural day light looks quite flat where as the white gives the car a greater presence as well as showing off all the lines. The contrast with the carbon is large but hey why try and blend in.

Couple of things im not 100% happy with on the car. I ordered the leather/alcantara as i wanted to break up the black seats. But the car does not have alcantara on the door cards, i need to look at the brochure but im sure the door cards were meant to have alcantara inserts.

Apart from that its great and i think with a light smoke on the glass should make it look like a storm trooper.

And for those who have not got theirs yet.......Your going to love it, you feel like a rock star driving it, school kids actually started screaming and jumping.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice one Tej - so what are your impressions, and is it a keeper? :)
Impressions:

On getting into the car almost feels as if you are slipping into a hand made suit, the seat allows you to site very low down and the driving position is great. The way the dash flows over you giving you that cockpit fighter impression as all the controls are every so slightly positioned to face you. You can reach everything with ease (only thing and its a small grumble is the heater controls) with the car in 1st, 3rd, 5th makes getting to the heater controls slightly awkward.

putting the key into the ignition the dials all sweep to the red line and then you know you can start the car. Clutch down and you the engine not roars but barks into motion. (again would have been nice to have a start button like the RS4 or S5 has) The sound together with the vibration means that your already smiling like a 5 year old boy before you even move off.

The manual is great and you dont need to look down at the gate to change gears as it is balanced so well that it seems to select gears with a ruthless efficiency. The sound system is great and plays songs in such a way that you fall in love with albums again.

to be continued.....
--------------------------------------------------------

In quick answer to your question Tim, the R8 is defiantly a keeper, will i keep this one....yes for now but i have made a few mistakes with my order. The std pedals look crap (small thing i know but i see them all the time) I was expecting that if you didnt order the stainless steel pedals you would get metal covers like in other models. Nope, all you get is rubber pedals. The lack of alcantara on the door cards makes them look a bit bland, and if im honest i really want RS4 bucket seats.

I cant fault the car, as always the weakest link was the chap ordering it.:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hmmm I think I opted for standard pedals (can't remember) but don't think I'll be too fussed by them either way. The lack of Alcantara door cards has been mentioned before - let me know how you get on, as I'll be in the same boat.

I don't fit into the buckets, so that's a no brainer anyway :)

Glad you like it, I'm not jealous or anything... when are you letting the remainder of the TTF know? :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The lack of Alcantara door cards has been mentioned before - let me know how you get on, as I'll be in the same boat.
Well 'myr8' has it in writing from Audi that Alcantara was on the doors so he is going to send me the info over. The dealer has not got back to me yet but i made it know on collection.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts