Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Limited Edition 200 Page book for my coffee table!! :confused: This is now the 3rd item I have received from Audi. But, to be honest, I JUST WANT MY **** CAR!!! I'm sick of waiting.... arrgghhh :mad:

You guys in Europe are sooo lucky...BUT It musn't be a great car because I don't hear you guys raving on about it!!! How does it drive? Does it bring a smile to your face? Is it what you expected?

Give us poor guys waiting some feedback on what it's like to own and drive.

·
Registered
782 Posts
LOL! A book is nice also :)

It drives: like a dream (to me)
It makes me smile all the time and when I carefully look to other driver's faces I'm laughing loud all the time.
And yes its what I expected.

There are somedownsides though, but they are minor. The worst is that I hear rattles en squeeking from my interior :(

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guilty, have you started to drive it hard yet? Does it feel quick?

R8Matt,

First gift was a Limited Edition A1 drawing/sketch of the original Walter Da Silva design. Very nice. I had it framed and mounted in my living room.

Second was a R8 Brochure bound in Aluminium. Nothing special. But decent.

BUT, I really just want my car, I've been waiting for 15months now...and I need to wait till Jan... :(

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's gots lots of awesome photos, technical, design background, architecture (eg Photos of Buildings thats is...Doesnt Make sense, does it) Pikes Peak, R8 Testing program, Desert testing etc. Just loads of marketing crap...But TOP quality presentation and photos are really dreamy and glossy!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks Guilty, have you started to drive it hard yet? Does it feel quick?
I drove it hard after 800km's already :) The best way to break-in an engine is to do it fast. Now I've driven 2400km's.

It does feel quik, especially when dark, or on narrow roads :) because the power is so linear you'll get used to it though :(

There is a chip already for the R8, giving 23bhp extra. And I hope the high quality performance exhaust will give the R8 another 25bhp extra.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Some guys were collecting a ltd. edition R8 Book at Rockingham at the driving experience , but they had had to pay for them. I didn't bother. They were definitely not being given away!

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's not true - they were free (at Oulton Park at least)

You should have bothered :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hey Guilty, what chip? What ECU? Where?? I want one too!! :) Any details?
Here it is:

From 420Hp to 442Hp
Torque from 430Nm to 459Nm

Acceleration from 4.6 to 4.4

Topspeed from 301 to 310

Here is the link:

Chip your baby, LOL!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hey Guilty!! You ROCK!! Now all I need to do is find someone that will install in Australia!!! LOL :D

Hopefully by the time January comes there will be more options...
That wouldn't be too diffucult. It's software, so it can be mailed to your chip updater :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts