Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed rims again on my old girl - this time for OEM Lamborghini Speedline rims originally destined for a Huracan.
Perfect offset, no spacers needed & IMHO they suit the R8 well.

Thanks to those on here who advised on bolts (or in my case nuts) required.

I now have yet another 'spare' set of rims in the garage though, the McLaren forged set I had on the R8 previously - may put them for sale on here as my wife is complaining she has to now navigate her way to the compost!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Liking those Steve. They really suit the car and the colour.

Reactions: Senna9113

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Liking those Steve. They really suit the car and the colour.
Thanks Trev - I have to stop now - this is the 4th set of wheels in 4 years:oops:

Unless I can find a set of BBS split rims at a decent price.................................

• Love
Reactions: Trev450

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Very aggressive for sure!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
those look super aggressive, with that color too, perfect combo. I cant remember, please remind me, those look similar to other wheels I have seen, isnt there another car that comes with those style wheels? that look?
The rough style has been used by Alfa Romeo & Lamborghini for years, I just think they suit the R8 really well, love the dished rears & they are also super easy to clean!😝

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I just noticed your V8 emblem... cool!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
They look great, what stud kit are you using?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They look great, what stud kit are you using?
A kit of M14 x 1.5 black alloy wheel studs 75mm long from Extreme Alloy Wheels (UK seller), McGuard v24018SU Wheel Lock Nuts with a cone seat (Lamborghini wheels use a cone rather than a ball seat) from Amazon & black 19mm Hex Open Alloy Wheel Nuts from TRS Wheel solutions.

I just find the stud conversion far easier when it comes to changing rims or even just taking them on & off to properly clean.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts