Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call this morning from my dealer. My R8 will be arriving at customs on Wednesday. He said hopefully he will have it ready by Friday. :D Will posts pics soon.

·
Registered
347 Posts
time for me to call too. i'm just on my way back from down under.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My R8 is ready and waiting too! Picking it up today, will post pics later!! :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
800, are you gonna get paint protection film? I'm thinking of getting it. If you're interested I'll try to get a discount for both of us. Also, I bought a Freelander2 today for my wife. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Any of you guys have experience with this? My dad has a Range Rover, and I took that out a couple of times, but I figure this is a whole new story.

·
Registered
347 Posts
how much is it gonna be?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Excellent news! Can't wait to see your pics!
Mine did arrive and should be ready for pick up this weekend. The problem is in Switzerland and I work in London. Need to find the time to get it.
I am going for the paint protection film (complete except the back and roof, will be done tomorrow). It will cost me about usd 2,200. Also waiting for confirmation tomorrow to get the brake calipers painted in red.. Hope it will work.. Will post mine as soon as possible.

·
Registered
155 Posts
IT'S HERE!!!!!! What can i say, the car is absolutely incredible, been riding it all evening :) I'm having trouble with closing the boot though - after dropping it down on the front latch, i tried pressing on it on both sides so that it is hinged on the side latches (the ones above the wheel arches), yet the computer still shows that it's open. Called up my dealer, and all that he could say is that i should try slamming it a bit harder, which doesn't help. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Sorry for bad pics, will post better ones once the car is properly detailed and polished (it was a demo, and had been standing outside for a quite a while)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow~ ! Looks like a lot of people here are getting their cars this month...
R8 050, is your car Black? Can't really tell from the pics...800, I will send you a PM...

·
Registered
156 Posts
congrats resonate..finally! =)
can't wait for you to cruise around in that baby and give us some feedback on how it is in korean roads :)

oh and goldenfish, your painted calipers..
are you planning on just painting the "R8" black or going with a 2 color choice...
like maybe the R in black and then the 8 be an outline in black ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
R8 050, is your car Black? Can't really tell from the pics...
Yes, Phantom Black with Carbon Sigma sideblades, carbon engine compartment and interior trim :D More pics soon

·
Registered
617 Posts
Drop and then press firmly on the OOOO
Sometimes you also need to push the sides down to engage the side latches as well. A small adjustment at the dealer may be needed. Don't take a risk I had my old 911 turbo hood blow up across the screen for being too lazy to check and readjust the locks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Just like I feared, my stupid dealer has once again delayed the delivery of my car :mad: It looks like another week. Even Audi AG thinks they are a bad
business partner.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just like I feared, my stupid dealer has once again delayed the delivery of my car :mad: It looks like another week. Even Audi AG thinks they are a bad
business partner.
Mr Bin is still saying mine will land on 31st and pic up Wed or something. does it mean i shouldn't take that day off?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have no idea. These guys are so unreliable with their promised delivery dates. I'm lucky if I'm able to get it on Wednesday. I'm going on a business trip to Shanghai on Thursday, and I'm gonna be out of the country for quite a while. I will be very pissed if I don't get it before I leave.

·
Registered
156 Posts
resonate...
that's really messed up about the news...what the hell are they thinking over there??? I really don't think they know anything about customer service/ care...i wish i was there with you so i can give them a piece of my mind...and really humble them so they HAVE to apologize for their unprofessionalism

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The reason why my car is being delayed is because it is the first manual R8 in Korea. The need some special inspection for it. I'm paving the way for all future "manual" R8's in Korea... I wish I could at least get a keychain or something....:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts