Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,
I purchased my 08 v8 R8 R-tronic back in December. I've noticed on rare occasions that the car hesitates to start and it will attempt to crank and then my dash will Christmas Tree and the wipers will sweep. Usually after a second attempt, it's good to go. The other day it happened again so I re-attempted and it cranked up but got an EPC fault as well as a CEL for P0393 for Camshaft Position Sensor B Bank 2 high input. I seen where that could be triggered due to a faulty starter. Has anyone seen this before? If so, how hard is it to change the starter on these.

·
Registered
399 Posts
^^^i agree with trev...most likely its your battery. the r8 needs to connected to a battery tender if you're not using it everyday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions guys. The odd thing is, I can let it sit for a few days and it will crank right up. I'll take it for a 10-15 minute drive and then stop at a gas station or where ever and it will struggle to start at that point. I'll try to go get the battery checked just in case but no rush now with the craziness going on. Not trying to make any unnecessary trips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts