Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, Just picked up my First R8 a New 2021 2nd Gen Refreshed R8 V10 non Performance In Vegas Yellow with Red Diamond Stitched interior with Carbon.. just wanted to share this Spec with you all, thoughts on this new oem wheel design, my initial feel was meh but they've grown on me and give it some flair from the traditional r8 style wheels offered... Cheers

Registered
Car is fire , interior is fire , but those wheels are trash. Looks like what the top of the line Honda Accord would be running .

Registered
Beautiful car and congratz. I feel rims are actually quite ok. I would also keep them. Although its hard to tell in advance if some other rims would fit the car better until you put them on :D, but this one are good. I dont see the need to change them. I also have stock rims on my car. Only reason i would consider changing OEM rims is to keep them mint and put back on if i'll ever sell the car.

Premium Member
Congratulations! A very bold spec, indeed! Enjoy it!

Reactions: EAST_COAST_VEGAS.R8

Registered
They look great. They have grown on me. Everyone has the ubiquitous performance "mesh" design. Just get the OEM Audi CF rear wing from the performance model to complete the look.

Registered
I'm from the school of those that enjoy seeing these bold color combinations and yours is right up there. Bold in this case is stunning IMHO and while it might not be everyone's cup of tea I find it to be rare, exotic and unique. It harkens back to the days of these.....which I'm absolutely intoxicated with.

Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe 2014 SQ5
Excellent color choice

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Car is fire , interior is fire , but those wheels are trash. Looks like what the top of the line Honda Accord would be running .
I think eventually I'll go custom.. just going to ride these ones out for now.. until I'm bored with them and want to change it up..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow 馃敟 you went with the color combo which everyone wants to buy but never had the guts to do. Awesome!

Congratulation! A real stunner!
Totally agree... I recall building one in 2017 when the 2nd gen came out exactly like this Vegas with Red Interior.. I can't wait to see it in person!! 馃挍鉂ゐ煉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They look great. They have grown on me. Everyone has the ubiquitous performance "mesh" design. Just get the OEM Audi CF rear wing from the performance model to complete the look.
I have a bead on a oem cf wing but the Audi dealer said that if I deactivate the oem electric wing I will jeopardize & affect my Audi Care/Factory Warranty something to do with flashing the codes to deactivate the electric wing.. I like both looks.. so for now going to just roll sans wing.. and look in the future.. talk to my dealer here locally..

Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe 2014 SQ5
I have a bead on a oem cf wing but the Audi dealer said that if I deactivate the oem electric wing I will jeopardize & affect my Audi Care/Factory Warranty something to do with flashing the codes to deactivate the electric wing.. I like both looks.. so for now going to just roll sans wing.. and look in the future.. talk to my dealer here locally..
The factory plus wing is not a direct bolt on to a non-plus car. You need a rear deck and two mounting brackets that attached to the frame underneath to do it properly. This removes the entire pop up spoiler assembly. There is no 鈥渇lashing鈥 your ICU. You鈥檙e just clearing a fault code and disabling the pop up. It鈥檚 all factory parts hence I think your dealer is incorrect regarding voiding your warranty

1 - 20 of 24 Posts