Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is a ridiculous price but reflects the soft market during the coronavirus. Shouldn't last too long.
Post more photos!
GLWS!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I’ve never driven or seen a GT in person and wondered where it fit in excitement wise.

You’ve had many R8’s. How would you rank each spec from favorite to least including the auto vs manual?

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gt just feels different. Not sure if its weight or what but its similar to Carrera 4S vs GT3 kinda thing. She feels much lighter than the specs say. The Rtronic has a tune so its quite nice. I like the V10 M6 the best to drive but for collectability and value retention the GT hands down. It looks amazing in person. The rear view with the wider bumper and round exhaust is awesome.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve never driven or seen a GT in person and wondered where it fit in excitement wise.

You’ve had many R8’s. How would you rank each spec from favorite to least including the auto vs manual?
Hi Hamann I know I will be in the minority here but here is my ranking
Favorite V10M - 100%

2nd - Rtronic with TCM Tune - 90% It really shifts like a manual and I'm used to it and prefer over Stronic for that reason. Once you master it, it is awesome

3rd - Stronic 88% - Its an awesome modern trans with lighting quick shifts. but I lose some engaugement when I drive it. I'm sure I'm in the minority here and its much faster and smoother on the highway. If I daily drove my car this is what I would want. Its also what I would want if I was racing. That said for sunny day drives I like the M6 and even the Rtronic better.

4th and last place Rtronic without tune. 50% - I cant stand it.

My experiance is 6 Manual cars, 5 Rtronics - 3 with TCM Tune and 4 Stronics - One with a Supercharger. I am a dealer and drive R8's as my personal car. I love them all.

·
Registered
497 Posts
what an awesome specimen and not to mention well priced...wish i had the money at the moment. good luck with the sale:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Hamann I know I will be in the minority here but here is my ranking
Favorite V10M - 100%

2nd - Rtronic with TCM Tune - 90% It really shifts like a manual and I'm used to it and prefer over Stronic for that reason. Once you master it, it is awesome

3rd - Stronic 88% - Its an awesome modern trans with lighting quick shifts. but I lose some engaugement when I drive it. I'm sure I'm in the minority here and its much faster and smoother on the highway. If I daily drove my car this is what I would want. Its also what I would want if I was racing. That said for sunny day drives I like the M6 and even the Rtronic better.

4th and last place Rtronic without tune. 50% - I cant stand it.

My experiance is 6 Manual cars, 5 Rtronics - 3 with TCM Tune and 4 Stronics - One with a Supercharger. I am a dealer and drive R8's as my personal car. I love them all.

Terrific viewpoint. Is it easy to get that TCM tune and how much does it cost? If it's like you say that would open up a lot more choices for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts