Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Was bored with the wheel colour on my old girl, still love the rims themselves though - they are an OEM Audi option before anyone asks again馃槕, so after a bit of research I found Custom Paints, it is a US company but they have a dealer in the UK. The range they offer is incredible including lots of candy colours, flip paints etc & the quality of the paint is excellent.

The paint process is a bit more involved than the usual but my wheel guy up here in damp Scotland got there in the end & even painted the centres to match.

I think it is just on the edge of being too bling but I do like it against the Daytona Gray. Colour is called Fools Gold.

Had just put the wheels back on & rolled it out of the garage hence suspension still sitting high in the pics - looks like a 4x4馃槅

Registered
Wow Steve they're different. An aquired taste but good on you for taking the plunge.

Premium Member
I prefer the previous matt bronze you posted a while back. Rare wheels those don't recall ever seeing them in the flesh - they were only a factory option on the V10 for some odd reason. Did you happen to note the wheel manufacturer stamp on the inside? The R8 forged wheels are made by Fuchs.

I see you are still running the Rainsports - going ok?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I prefer the previous matt bronze you posted a while back. Rare wheels those don't recall ever seeing them in the flesh - they were only a factory option on the V10 for some odd reason. Did you happen to note the wheel manufacturer stamp on the inside? The R8 forged wheels are made by Fuchs.

I see you are still running the Rainsports - going ok?
Thanks - the other colour just began to look a bit dull in my eyes - no chance of that now! I've not checked inside of rims for manufacturer but will do when they're next off for a detail!

Rainsports are still on & on damp greasy roads they are excellent, tons of grip & really progressive - way better in the wet than PS4's my brother runs on his 911 - in the dry they lack a little ultimate grip & heat up fast. Would not be a trackday tyre or for warm climates but I don't track the old girl & also live in Scotland so they suit me fine. Wearing reasonably well too which is also a bonus.

Registered
Was bored with the wheel colour on my old girl, still love the rims themselves though - they are an OEM Audi option before anyone asks again馃槕, so after a bit of research I found Custom Paints, it is a US company but they have a dealer in the UK. The range they offer is incredible including lots of candy colours, flip paints etc & the quality of the paint is excellent.

The paint process is a bit more involved than the usual but my wheel guy up here in damp Scotland got there in the end & even painted the centres to match.

I think it is just on the edge of being too bling but I do like it against the Daytona Gray. Colour is called Fools Gold.

Had just put the wheels back on & rolled it out of the garage hence suspension still sitting high in the pics - looks like a 4x4馃槅

View attachment 251882
View attachment 251883
I think its very nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts