Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 6MT now and very happy with it for daily life. Have driven both on the track and really like the R-tronic for that purpose. I have not had any experience with the R-tronic for daily driving so curiuos if anyone is switching from one transmission style to the other and why.

Will likely be moving up to the V10 soon, so need to decided which way to go. Leaning towards the R just for something different.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I never really took to the RTronic on the track last year - difficult as a first drive with it around Rockingham - and when going round Silverstone with the 6MT, the instructor said he much preferred the feel of the manual when racing. So not my judgement - his.

Personally I love the manual and never even considered a move when I ordered the V10, which should arrive next week!!!!, but I can see the advantages of both, so really its just down to driving style. There are other threads you can use to garner more info.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, the instructors at the Audi Driving Experience in Sonoma tend to lean to the R-Tronics. I have read countless threads on the values of both over the last year and a half, so just curious how many (if any) are moving to a different camp. Congrats on the V10!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts