Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or is it the dark anthracite color that matches some of the trim pieces and anthracite wheel color option on the car?

In this picture of the OEM black optics grill, it looks like that anthracite color.

Grille Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,175 Posts
Definitely black
Gloss black

Reactions: Blade Gunner

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,175 Posts
I forgot to specify that I’m inquiring about the pre-facelifted gen 2. I don’t know if there’s a difference with your facelifted car and whether they’re black while the pre-facelift are anthracite.
Lucky for you my father in law has an 18 V10 plus with the oem black optics grille and as the name suggests, it’s black haha

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For reference... I guess there's an OEM anthracite one as well as a black one. Forward to 10:55 in this video and you'll see where they run into a dilemma where they realize the ordered grill is dark grey rather than black.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any more pics of your car? Mine is Vegas yellow too and I think you just convinced me that I have to do this mod asap.
Mine seems to match side grilles, but i don't know if it is OEM part or not as the previous owner did this upgrade. Might be an aftermarket part they got, either way fine with me, looks way better than the chrome in my opinion.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Closer pic without the plate:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe 2014 SQ5
580 Posts
...or is it the dark anthracite color that matches some of the trim pieces and anthracite wheel color option on the car?
In this picture of the OEM black optics grill, it looks like that anthracite color.

View attachment 268518
I bought that from TAG and it is OEM gloss black

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe 2014 SQ5
580 Posts
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Reactions: Southpaw07
1 - 19 of 19 Posts