Audi R8 Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
How is your battery doing?
Do you know what your voltage is when its WARMED up and charged, probably after driving for a little while unless you use a battery tender and then its charged when the car goes to a low speed idle?
Do you use a battery tender daily?
I'm using this as daily: https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/products/starter-batteries/automotive/atx30-rs/

Voltage is the same with warmed up and cold (maybe very minor differences, dunno). And I haven't charged it once yet with tender. I've had it for like 1,5months now. This thing weights even less then RS-30 (which I had, but it had problems)

·
Registered
225 Posts
How is your battery doing?
Do you know what your voltage is when its WARMED up and charged, probably after driving for a little while unless you use a battery tender and then its charged when the car goes to a low speed idle?
Do you use a battery tender daily?
I've been using the Antigravity RS-30 for about 12 months now. I got it as part of the group buy that the Porsche GT3 RS crowd put together on the Rennlist forum. It's been rock solid for me and I haven't heard of any issues for the Porsche crowd either.

I typically drive my car about 4 days a week. The longest I've gone without driving my car is about 9 days and the car started right up with no hesitation. Also, I don't use a battery tender. The only time I ever measured the battery voltage was when I first installed the battery I wanted to see if the voltage would drop after the car sat for a few days. I checked and the voltage hadn't changed at all.

Overall I'm really happy with the battery. The battery dropped about 50lb off my car and I did a few other things so in total I've dropped the weight of my 2009 V8 6MT by about 215lb! I then bought a Dragy to do some 60-100mph runs and so far the best I've clocked is 4.99 seconds. I'm really happy with that time as it's getting close to V10 6MT territory.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts