Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I think I found my V10. It's at an Audi dealer in MA (IRA Porsche-Audi), near by. Other than the CF side mirrors, the car's perfect. I'll add the CF mirrors later on. I don't know if I will add the front and rear CF spoiler. I'll have to see it in real life first.

Anyone can help me out here with the VIN#? WUAANAFG2AN000203 Anything to know, consider or all's good?

It says "This is a Market Launch car." Not sure what that means? :confused::confused::confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-10...sh=item255633d6c4&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#v4-30

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mine cost around £160k converting the dollars into pound that means it costs £57k less than mine! Think i'll get a Spyder or the electric R8 over in the US havent decided yet it depends if i leave my V10 over here or have it shipped over :p But anyway the VIN Willy or Steve can probly help with and the market launch car i'm guessing it will be sort of like the press car that somebody bought before?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, cars are way cheaper in the USA.

I am hoping the "market launch" was just to promote the arrival of the V10 at their dealership. I'll know tomorrow morning!

First thing gone on it is the front plate holder! God, it ruins a car like the R8; for that matter any car! None of my cars have front plate; I just keep pilling warnings up. ;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I need both then because i'll be living in either California, Nevada or New York. (Definately not NY but don't tell the gf) I hope June/July comes fast :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need both then because i'll be living in either California, Nevada or New York. (Definately not NY but don't tell the gf) I hope June/July comes fast :D
So, if I may ask. (out of curiosity)

You live in the UK and inherited real estate properties and cars from someone in the US?

How many cars and which ones?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I inherited everything off my granddad and thought what i have is all i was getting but there was a secret second will which i got a few days ago. The cars aren't included in the will and neither is money in the US (to avoid the will people taking a cut i'm guessing) and the cars are in the garages. Cars i know of so far are on my signature, the classic car in beverly hills should be revealed somewhere in the last 30 pages of my letter he left :) And the Rolls Royce i have no idea which ones they are atm.
Great. Make sure to have necessary legal support and assistance. I also inherited from my uncle and it was hell until everything settled.

My case is a bit more complicated but in the end it's the same: be wise, you're young. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Hi guys,

I think I found my V10. It's at an Audi dealer in MA (IRA Porsche-Audi), near by. Other than the CF side mirrors, the car's perfect. I'll add the CF mirrors later on. I don't know if I will add the front and rear CF spoiler. I'll have to see it in real life first.

Anyone can help me out here with the VIN#? WUAANAFG2AN000203 Anything to know, consider or all's good?

It says "This is a Market Launch car." Not sure what that means? :confused::confused::confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-10...sh=item255633d6c4&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#v4-30

Thanks!
what I can tell from the VIN is: it is a 2010 v10, #203 in the 2010 series; that is the lowest 2010 VIN I've seen, probably built in mid-June; it would be very interesting to know if it has the "new" nav w. higher res. screen and Sirius traffic interface; however, in my opinion, if it is satisfactory in every other way, I certainly wouldn't quibble over the nav; the older version is quite satisfactory and nav, frankly, is a minor issue in a car like this

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
what I can tell from the VIN is: it is a 2010 v10, #203 in the 2010 series; that is the lowest 2010 VIN I've seen, probably built in mid-June; it would be very interesting to know if it has the "new" nav w. higher res. screen and Sirius traffic interface; however, in my opinion, if it is satisfactory in every other way, I certainly wouldn't quibble over the nav; the older version is quite satisfactory and nav, frankly, is a minor issue in a car like this
Thanks for the update. I actually won't buy it if it has the old nav. :eek:

We'll see if it does. I am going to call them tomorrow and go check it out.

Picture 13 shows the nav. Looks crispier than the one in the V8.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts

please let us know what the nav is, whether you buy the car or not....just
to satisfy my curiosity about this issue of whether or not the "new" nav started with the very first 2010's or came online sometime after car#1, and if after, where exactly in the series;

just purely idle curiosity, since I've seen Steve's (SBFV10) new car (#546) and he has it, so I figure mine should also (#551); my car, BTW (a lowly v8 hovever:rolleyes:)), is somewhere nearby on a truck by this time I suspect; hoping it rolls off this week!

PS:
crispier than the one in the V8.
I know what you mean: YOUR v8; according to everything we've been able to find out, this new nav is on ALL the 2010's (perhaps from some point in the series), not just the v10; but my car is the first 2010 v8 anyone has mentioned hearing about, so we'll find out pretty soon; with v10 fever as hot as it is, maybe they won't make anymore v8's?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
please let us know what the nav is, whether you buy the car or not....just
to satisfy my curiosity about this issue of whether or not the "new" nav started with the very first 2010's or came online sometime after car#1, and if after, where exactly in the series;

just purely idle curiosity, since I've seen Steve's (SBFV10) new car (#546) and he has it, so I figure mine should also (#551); my car, BTW (a lowly v8 hovever:rolleyes:)), is somewhere nearby on a truck by this time I suspect; hoping it rolls off this week!
Will let you guys know.

What should I be looking for to know if it's the new or old nav other than a higher resolution?

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Will let you guys know.

What should I be looking for to know if it's the new or old nav other than a higher resolution?
I hope Steve will answer that....since he's got new car...but neither he nor I have had much "hands on" with an older car, and NO hands on with the nav in an older one. What we need to find is someone who's got a 2010 replacing an earlier R8....they could tell us immediately what the key features are

but resolution, traffic info, the "media" button instead of "cd/dvd" 2nd from left (though some say that came in with late "old" navs); back-up camera or soem aspect of the way it function supposed to be improved; supposed to load maps and process destinations etc. MUCH faster than old system....since you've used it, maybe you'll be able to tell

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope Steve will answer that....since he's got new car...but neither he nor I have had much "hands on" with an older car, and NO hands on with the nav in an older one. What we need to find is someone who's got a 2010 replacing an earlier R8....they could tell us immediately what the key features are

but resolution, traffic info, the "media" button instead of "cd/dvd" 2nd from left (though some say that came in with late "old" navs); back-up camera or soem aspect of the way it function supposed to be improved; supposed to load maps and process destinations etc. MUCH faster than old system....since you've used it, maybe you'll be able to tell
No CD/DVD button to start.

Good point. I am sure in playing with it for 5 minutes. I'll know if it's the new one. I am positive all 2010 V10s all have the new nav.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
If you go and see the car, you could bring a SDHC card with MP3s on it. The new unit will work with SDHC cards, old one will not.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you go and see the car, you could bring a SDHC card with MP3s on it. The new unit will work with SDHC cards, old one will not.
There we go!!! The easiest and quickest way to find it! Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts

After seeing the pic, 99,9% sure that it is the NEW nav unit.

But make it 100% by testing the SD cards.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Hovy.....the only thing I see in the picture of the screen missing that is on my screen are the letters TMC in a small box next to the time. This might not show up on all screens, but I think it is present on mine in just about every screen. It is "whited out" if no traffic data is present and "colored" if data is present.

I think checking out a SCHC card is a great idea. Use an 8GB or higher if you have one.

But since you are used to the lower resolution screen already, I think that you will be able to tell if the new one IS higher. It is very crisp!

Push the info button and it should say no traffic data available or show some. However, even thought this data is NOT supplied by Sirius, the book say that the Sat. radio needs to be active for it to work. It picks up data from some sources in the area, but AoA didn't know where the info is coming from. And they never could seem to figure out the source of the info. Sirius told me that it is NOT from them!

Good luck. The car looks very nice!

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Mine cost around £160k converting the dollars into pound that means it costs £57k less than mine! Think i'll get a Spyder or the electric R8 over in the US havent decided yet it depends if i leave my V10 over here or have it shipped over :p But anyway the VIN Willy or Steve can probly help with and the market launch car i'm guessing it will be sort of like the press car that somebody bought before?
Davey, did you mean $160k ??? My V10 is pretty much fully loaded and it was only £106k, I did get a little discount but not that much :eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts