Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen these on the New Gen2 R8 and thought they looked really cool.!

Although the removal of the stock ones proved to be a real pain only took 15 mins

Img_4040.jpg Img_4041.jpg

Inspired by RS4Cab Newest Appearance Mod's with the Quattro door entry led's. :cool:

·
Vendor
3,521 Posts
Did you park your car on top of some carpet?
We've heard of pampering but...!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you park your car on top of some carpet?
We've heard of pampering but...!
No she's in the living room.! It beats having the garage blocked up over winter plus I can sit and watch TV even more seat time. ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wait....how'd you get the car into your living room?

And Osman, can you customize what the logo/image is in the entry lights? Like...can I get the RE GT logo instead?? :D

·
Vendor
3,521 Posts
Wait....how'd you get the car into your living room?

And Osman, can you customize what the logo/image is in the entry lights? Like...can I get the RE GT logo instead?? :D
Apologies. No. We only sell the OEM version.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where did you get them from? eBay?
No didn't want to risk Ebay, Got them from the Dealer at £75 for the set and you can also get the quattro logo.

I didn't even think to ask osman. But would think he could get them cheaper.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
@Audi-OEM Would it be possible to post a close up of these ? I have an 09 V10 that has converted led door floods and was wondering if I could rework them. Many thanks. Steve

·
Super Moderator
6,043 Posts
Here are the stock ones I took out to put Audi-Oems's in

light.jpg

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,043 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The install is pretty straight forward. Just use a flat bladed screwdriver to pop the light out and detach the cable. Install is a 30 second job connect cable and push light back in. Done

The only thing I would say is be very careful how much force you use to pop the lights out mine where very tightly fitted.

·
Registered
163 Posts
How much are the oem ones vs the eBay ones?

Seems like the eBay ones have either a circle around the rings or Audi written on it. I like the simplicity of just the 4 rings.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much are the oem ones vs the eBay ones?

Seems like the eBay ones have either a circle around the rings or Audi written on it. I like the simplicity of just the 4 rings.
I think the oem will be a superior quality and last longer. IMO

Dealer £76 v ebay £17
Dealer $113 v ebay $25

Audi oem might be able to do a group buy with a better price.?

·
Super Moderator
6,043 Posts
I got a set from Audi-Oem and a set of cheapo's from ebay, you can clearly see the quality difference in build. When I get my car back I'm going to throw the cheapos in and will report back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone installed them on a R8 with illuminated door sills? How does it look? Are the entry lights less noticeable less noticeable? Too much light bleeding?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts