326 Posts
I have the quatro ones same as rs4cab. £68 inc vat
Got these of eBay £16
These actually light up the area better

image.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Any risk with going with ones from ebay? Does it get hot?

I daily drive mine. have had the ebay ones that are shown in my post for a while now. no issues. I don't know that all ebay ones are the same, but the ones linked in my post work fine.

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
Just put the ebay ones on. Can't believe they can sell these for $16 including shipping? I guess their slave labor helps.

ebay.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
yeah, I went through the logic in the comparison. I thought, well, I could get the OEM ones for about $100 or I could try the ebay for $16. My thought was, well if the ebay ones don't work out, it's like a bad starbucks.

Now that I've had them for a while, my wife wants some for her Maserati.

·
Registered
294 Posts
this is the set I ended up getting too (exactly)...they work fine for me and if they fail (my guess is that it will be discoloration, Im out 16 bucks. Hard to justify the OEM version from what I can see.

Just put the ebay ones on. Can't believe they can sell these for $16 including shipping? I guess their slave labor helps.

View attachment 103218

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have had my bargain Ebay ones now for about 3 months....and the colors are bleeding - the passenger looks new, but thats because its used about 1/3 the amount of my side. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Does anyone have the part number of the OEM version??

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
Mine still looks ok but car really has not been used more than a few time since I installed. When I bought I figured at that price they probably wont last long. When they go I will put my OEM set back on, they were on most of summer and then fall and still looked great. Here is the part# for my "Quattro". I would contact Osman, I'm sure his price is cheaper than dealers.
quattro.jpg

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
And the Four Rings Part Number.!

Img_4027.jpg

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sure - it took about 3 months of driving to get like this - maybe 1,000 miles in total. The first pic shows the fading of the image and the bleeding of the red/pink color across the entire light pattern. The second photo is the passenger side that still looks as new (because, sadly I usually drive solo!). I took the plunge and ordered the OEM set today from Osman.

drivers side:
IMG_0753.jpg

passenger side:
IMG_0763.jpg

21 - 40 of 50 Posts