Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
The gallery is excellent indeed! On the first pics you see the Daytona Grey, but what sideblade is that? It doesn't look like CF, but it is darker then the car itself!

Anyone?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Great pictures..........Particularly for Guilty - your total colour & spec combination.

One question to Audi UK management, why can the US get all the presentation materials neatly laid out including merchandising and especially luggage options. What do we get a shoe box of bits and pieces. This really shows what Audi Germany & UK thinks of their biggest market outside of their own.

I for one, as a customer of nearly 20 years and orders for the R8 for nearly the last four years feel really let down. I have had to choose my spec based on the help of this forum (which has been brilliant) and some scrappy bits and pieces from my unsupported dealer. What a disapointment when you see the detail of these publicity photo set ups in the US.

Just to end my winge, the US don't even get the car until the fall of 2007 - what and insult to our integrity and what a wind up for our American friends.

:( :( :( :(

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guilty,
It is Daytona Grey with Carbon Sigma side blades. Different filter on digital camera I guess...

L3MAN,
I agree with you that this event in Las Vegas was top. Far better then any R8 presentation so far. BTW, R8 package in Sweden was better then UK one. Interesting, isn't it?
Full R8 brochure for European market is just in print and it will be in dealers hands pretty soon.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Guilty,
It is Daytona Grey with Carbon Sigma side blades. Different filter on digital camera I guess...
hands pretty soon.
Ok, nice. But what is the Color in Car magazine from last month. The license plate is: IN R806

That must be Daytona Grey, but the sideblade is darker then the car and it's definitely not CF.

The Audi Demo site shows a lighter sideblade then the daytona color.

Strange? :confused:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same combo Daytona Grey with Carbon Sigma side blades.

Look at this pic. Side Blades do not look like Carbon Sigma...

...but actually they are!

It is the same combo as in last Car magazine.

Blame that strange filters on new digital cameras...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thats the great thing about Daytona Grey with carbon side blades, the colours do look very different from different angles and lighting conditions.

We will have just call it the "chameleon" colour scheme :D :D :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
...and how about Audi Exclusive leather packages for R8?

Most interesting one IMHO are the last four(from the bottom: Jet Grey, Palais Blue, Carmin Red and Classic Red) with matching carpets!

Classic Red Exclusive leather package with Carbon Sigma interior trim and Daytona Grey/Carbon Sigma exterior... That's it!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jet Blue with Oxygen Silver side blades I guess?

From standard interior colors-Black, extended leather.
From Audi Exclusive Jet Grey or Palais Blue!
Interior trim-Piano Black!
Normal engine bay-no Carbon Sigma!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Kreso.

I'll pick Silver Carbon S.B. if available here - and that will still match your picks, I think.

If not available, then oxygen silver S.B.

I like either one of them better than Carbon Sigma on Jet Blue.

·
Registered
367 Posts
"We hear a base in the neighborhood of $90,000 will get you into a standard R8 with contrasting painted side blade and piano black interior trim."

Now we're talk'in! (hope they're right):)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Cracking review ... extensive and fair ... so far as I can tell.

I also like the final 'alternative views' at the end ... seem to have a problem with my quicktimeplug in as I can't seem to view the video ... :( :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
'At a reported 4.6-seconds from 0-60mph (ed. we think Audi might be sandbagging on this figure), this isn’t exactly Ferrari F430 territory.'

What does sandbagging mean? That it can go faster or the opposite? Or something completely different?

·
Registered
782 Posts
'At a reported 4.6-seconds from 0-60mph (ed. we think Audi might be sandbagging on this figure), this isn’t exactly Ferrari F430 territory.'

What does sandbagging mean? That it can go faster or the opposite? Or something completely different?
I was wondering aswell. I think faster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
"Sandbagging" is a colloquial American term which means to deliberately understate, underestimate or pretend to be less than what really is for the purpose of looking surprisingly better later.

Thus, in the context of the R8, it means that Audi is deliberately saying that the car is slower than they know it really is. The implication is that it will be more exciting later when the true, faster speed comes to be known.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts