Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They are just stuck on, part number 4s0853737D2 ZZ, $20
Ok so I received my Audisport Badge and took some dental floss to the Quattro badge but it seems to be part of the grill and not just stuck on. The replacement Audisport OEM badge is exact size and designed to stick. Didn't want to force off the current one and wanted to check if you or anyone has performed this change? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Do you really think the Audi Sport badge looks better? And does the MY2018 also have Audi Sport on the passenger side dash?

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I like it better. Inside the 2018 retains the quattro badge
Yea fair enough, and it can always be changed back again for little $ and effort. I saw an unregistered 2018 Plus today in Riviera blue at Belfast Audi - was not prepared so no pics unfortunately.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I changed mine and can tell you the Quattro and sport badge have a tab in the center. The tab is glued into the grill slot and so I used a plastic puddy tool to work around the old one and then rocked it back and forth until the tab broke off. I then used a heat gun to warm the tab in the grill slot and then cleaned slot out with a sharp -small screw driver. Finally, used a small amount of epoxy to put the sport badge on. A little heat up front may help but I did not try, since had to figure out how to remove part.

Looks better to me, as Quattro just sounds old school and reminds me of the old TT cars. Audi is going more sport now and with the 18`s using sport, it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I changed mine and can tell you the Quattro and sport badge have a tab in the center. The tab is glued into the grill slot and so I used a plastic puddy tool to work around the old one and then rocked it back and forth until the tab broke off. I then used a heat gun to warm the tab in the grill slot and then cleaned slot out with a sharp -small screw driver. Finally, used a small amount of epoxy to put the sport badge on. A little heat up front may help but I did not try, since had to figure out how to remove part.

Looks better to me, as Quattro just sounds old school and reminds me of the old TT cars. Audi is going more sport now and with the 18`s using sport, it was a no brainer.
Ok.....thanks appreciate the details

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I made the same swap. It is easy and looks great. A good quality dental floss to get between the badge and the glue is key

·
Registered
310 Posts
I replaced mine with 2020 one
20191108_110304.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts

I ordered this one from the dealer for my 17 plus. I have not installed it yet, waiting on the black grill swap. It was around $65.

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts