Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have never had a front license plate on a car...
and notice that all the photos of the r8 have front plates.
even the recent comparison in automobile magazine (april, 2007- excellent article!!) of the r8 with the f430 and 911- only the r8 has a front plate.
bet it would look even better without it!!
but i cant find any pics without it...
anyone got a pic of this car without a front license plate?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have seen it without the plate, but it still has the trim (no front license plate provision), same as all the new big grille Audis

·
Registered
80 Posts
Right, there is still the "bar" accross the front to fix the plate to. It would be nice to have it without the "bar"-completely clean. Has anyone done/seen this with any Audi? Any big difficultly with removing or not having the bar? I suspect their may be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have heard of some aftermarket companies producing full front grilles for the newer models. I have not seen one for the R8 yet.

·
Registered
840 Posts
i have never had a front license plate on a car...
and notice that all the photos of the r8 have front plates.
even the recent comparison in automobile magazine (april, 2007- excellent article!!) of the r8 with the f430 and 911- only the r8 has a front plate.
bet it would look even better without it!!
but i cant find any pics without it...
anyone got a pic of this car without a front license plate?
Unfortunately a front number plate is a requirement in the UK ... so we will have to have them ... although I know what you mean about it probably looking cleaner without one ... my NSX is a Japanese import which meant it arrived with no front plate ... it too looked much better without one ... I suspect some after market companies will offer one piece grilles without the 'number plate bar' for the R8 soon enough ... for those fortunate enough to live in countries where they are not needed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Front plates are required in some U.S. states - mine is one of them. But, when I initially spec'ed the car my dealer asked if I wanted the "front license plate hardware delete". I said "YES!!!"

·
Registered
564 Posts
well i guess after release of R8, soon tuners will be on spot to provide a more elegant or aggressiv solution for that "BAR" problem... i dont like it either, its too clumsy for this nice front.. to big, the swiss licence plates will be a quarter of that size... its stupid
i d rather have the plate somewhere on the lower right front, under the cooling vents for the breaks... nearly scratching the tarmac... (can be used as plow also) ;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
can you scan this article somehow and post it up like we did for the other articles (i.e. EVO, CAR, TOPGEAR...) ?? :D :D :D pls? :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts