Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Car has been built for 4 weeks now but is still sitting in Germany. This is due, I'm told, to two ships full of cars for the UK being turned back due to the storm 2 weeks ago. Any other Brits had their cars held up by this? It is so frustrating knowing that my car is just sitting over there, instead of me sitting in it over here . Aaarrghhh!:mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
In the same boat! Did see two cars in the protective wraps on Friday morning on the M25 - nearly followed to see where they were going.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Car has been built for 4 weeks now but is still sitting in Germany. This is due, I'm told, to two ships full of cars for the UK being turned back due to the storm 2 weeks ago. Any other Brits had their cars held up by this? It is so frustrating knowing that my car is just sitting over there, instead of me sitting in it over here . Aaarrghhh!:mad:
I'm not in the same boat too!:confused:

My car was built and inspected on 11-08 with a 'boat loaded' date of 11-20. It didn't make that boat and apparently is also still in Germany. The delivered to dealer date has slid from the week of 12-24 to the week of 01-07,,,:(

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm all that sympathetic. My dealer doesn't even know when or if they'll be getting any R8's. No dates, no numbers, no Carbon Fiber, no info about nothin'. Sorry, no sympathy here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Car Was Slated For 12/24 Then Moved To 1/7/2008 But Guess What I Got It Last Night!! Woohooo!
Congrats!

Where are you located and who's your dealer? Weren't they tracking it?

Popping up a whole month early seems strange...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is almost over!!! My car arrives at the dealership tomorrow afternoon.:D :D AT LAST.Got to fit Cobra tracker etc so next week before I hit the road.:cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At last my frustration is over as I collected my car at 5pm today. Silver/carbon /manual... AWESOME!!!!!!. I was in a state akin to shock or disbelief to be driving my car out of the Dealership and onto the road, but oh my God WHAT A MACHINE, it is sooooooooooo worth the wait. Hang in there you guys who are on the long wait. IT IS WORTH IT.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Pics and driving impressions to follow.:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
GR8........when did you order your car, how long was ur wait? Lastly DId your car come with all the carbon fiber or just the sideblades? engine compartment and interior as well?

·
Registered
129 Posts
At last my frustration is over as I collected my car at 5pm today. Silver/carbon /manual... AWESOME!!!!!!. I was in a state akin to shock or disbelief to be driving my car out of the Dealership and onto the road, but oh my God WHAT A MACHINE, it is sooooooooooo worth the wait. Hang in there you guys who are on the long wait. IT IS WORTH IT.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Pics and driving impressions to follow.:cool:
GR8 news GR8 :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Joker, my car was ordered April 06 or thereabouts. Car came as per spec with carbon blades and carbon interior trim. Didnt order the engine bay carbon. All the carbon was ordered at the outset. I have a friend who added on carbon to his order and that has held up his order.I drove to Glasgow and back today running it in ...Awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts