Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Wouldn’t it be more beneficial to have a bigger rear sway bar instead of the front?
This is a great question that hasn't been answered -- just google it - stiffening the front bar on a car with understeer is the opposite of what you want to do. And before answering that Audi engineers know better than me, they absolutely do but unless you know what the rear anti-roll bar specs are on the Perf model, it does not help figure this issue out.

I'm not trying to hijack your sale thread, rather, just want an explanation as to why it would help handling on a non-Perf model by itself -- and hopefully, it will help others.

Best,

·
Registered
957 Posts
This is a great question that hasn't been answered -- just google it - stiffening the front bar on a car with understeer is the opposite of what you want to do. And before answering that Audi engineers know better than me, they absolutely do but unless you know what the rear anti-roll bar specs are on the Perf model, it does not help figure this issue out.

I'm not trying to hijack your sale thread, rather, just want an explanation as to why it would help handling on a non-Perf model by itself -- and hopefully, it will help others.

Best,
This is indeed a good question. Increased stiffness on the front should increase the understeer. It’ll be “more fun to drive“ but ...

Does anybody really know why these carbon bars are better?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Sorry for bringing this old discussion back...

I got the carbon sway bars, but got stuck in the installation.

Is there a way to install it without removing the front drive? Obviously removing the shocks and steering support is not a big deal. I thought I might be able to get away with not removing the front drive but all the twisting/pushing/pulling seems useless.

I can’t find a low profile lift/support to remove the front drive (I only have a quick-jack at home.)

It seems like the only alternative is to accept the defeat and take it to a shop...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Gen 1 fitment confirmation?

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
I’ll add to that. I’ll be willing to do if fitment on Gen1 is doable.

And I’ll second the front/rear sway bar concerns. Would like to know what sway bar the performance model runs in the rear. And get them as a set.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Yes

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Makes sense Tom on our mid-engine cars.
Just wanted to make sure the set up is correct front to rear.

Would def like some clarification of Gen1 fitment. I’m in if so.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hi

You must pay attention. Gallardo is identical to R8 Gen1. Huracan is the same as R8 Gen2. Parts are not necessarily interchangeable between generations, but there is a possibility.

With the bar, the problem might be centering on the body, not the geometry.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
1,436 Posts
I have the CF sway bar which will be installed on my 17' plus next month. It is plug and play in a Gen 2 but had the R8 techs at my Audi dealer research it and it is 5 hrs of labor to install. So it isn't a simple job for a novice. Front diff has to be detached, as well as steering column to get to the sway bar. I have the Audi install guide for this and it says the same.

·
Registered
R8 V10 plus 2017 - camoflague green matt
2 Posts
I have the CF sway bar which will be installed on my 17' plus next month. It is plug and play in a Gen 2 but had the R8 techs at my Audi dealer research it and it is 5 hrs of labor to install. So it isn't a simple job for a novice. Front diff has to be detached, as well as steering column to get to the sway bar. I have the Audi install guide for this and it says the same.
Hi Nico,
Do you have any other info than Elsa for the installation of CF swaybar?
Thx!
Kind regards,
Øystein

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please DM me the price delivered to 98033...

·
Registered
R8 RWS | VF HEX Tune | Quick Silver exhaust | Antigravity Lithium Battery | Huracan Mimas wheels
35 Posts
We just got a few of gen.2 Audi R8 V10 Performance Front axle CFRP anti-roll bar retrofit kits! Possible to install on any gen.2 R8 and also Lamborghini Huracan! All installation parts are included!

Better handling and saving 2 kg (4.4 lb) of weight on gen.2 R8 Plus, RWS...etc

Info: PM or [email protected]

We just got a few of gen.2 Audi R8 V10 Performance Front axle CFRP anti-roll bar retrofit kits! Possible to install on any gen.2 R8 and also Lamborghini Huracan! All installation parts are included!

Better handling and saving 2 kg (4.4 lb) of weight on gen.2 R8 Plus, RWS...etc

Info: PM or [email protected]

I'm interested in this retrofit kit,please PM pricing to me,thanks

21 - 40 of 40 Posts