Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've sold quite a few of these sets on a couple of the R8 Facebook groups. I talked with the creator of these and he sent me a modified design which makes them much easier to print and removes the requirement to trim/sand them (Sterling5000 on Thingiverse for those interested). This makes them much easier to produce! Easier = less expensive :)

Selling for $25 per set shipped anywhere in the US. Includes driver and passenger wind deflectors plus 3M attachment tape. For international orders please PM me. I can accept Venmo, CashApp, PayPal or just about any other form of digital payment. I have sets ready to ship.

These are 3D printed by me personally in black. I've had my personal 2017 V10+ on track with these, windows down and they completely remove any wind buffeting.

I now have a version for both Gen1 and Gen2 cars. The Gen1 version is just slightly shorter.

Gen 2 printed in Gloss Black
Gen 1 printed in Matte Black

Now available on my Etsy store also for faster/easier ordering:

Reactions: R8V8B

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fitted similar in the uk, great addition, great price.
Thanks!

Got Gen 1 version?
I believe they will fit on a Gen 1 as the triangle portion of the window is around the same size. I don't recall the wind buffeting being as bad on my previous Gen 1 but remember it did have some. If you order a set and they don't fit for some reason, I'll send you a full refund.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Test printing a scaled down set for Gen 1 owners. Will post results.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gen 1 version good to go. All current orders shipped. New orders will ship Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm interested in a set for gen 1 pls provide info. Thx.
The Gen1 triangle area by the side mirrors is just a bit smaller so the only real difference in the Gen1 sets is they are shorter to accommodate the area. Same principle, same installation, slightly different size.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I received the set for my Gen 1 today, and they look and fit great! Thanks for getting them out quickly too!

:)
Glad you like them! Enjoy some windows down high rev driving :cool:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have more units for both gen 1 and 2 ready to ship. Message me if you need a set.

·
Registered
2017 Audi R8 V10+ Daytona Gray Pearl
21 Posts
I received the deflectors for my Gen 2 yesterday, and went for a spin. Let me tell you, these make a world of difference. Whether in town, or on the highway, I can drive with the windows down and not get beat to death with wind noise.

Best $25 you can spend for your car. I highly recommend these. Buy them now!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I received the deflectors for my Gen 2 yesterday, and went for a spin. Let me tell you, these make a world of difference. Whether in town, or on the highway, I can drive with the windows down and not get beat to death with wind noise.

Best $25 you can spend for your car. I highly recommend these. Buy them now!
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you are enjoying them :)

1 - 20 of 114 Posts