Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R8 V10 Spyder [Suzuka Grey]
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Converted my tail lights to the orange euro-style tail lights so i no longer need mine. Also, converted the rear bumper to the aftermarket 'Regula' one so I no longer need the rear bumper + black optics tail/exhaust pipes + additional rear deck which goes above the rear bumper. My car is a 2014 R8 V10 Spyder (convertible), so please be aware of fitment before purchasing/inquiring. Bumper is suzuka grey, everything taken off at ~19k miles. No visible damage to the rear bumper with the exception of a small paint chip inside near the exhaust pipe -it's not visible when looking at the bumper directly from behind. Photo taken of this. I never actually noticed it until I had to take photos. Tail lights look pretty much flawless to me with exception of light surface scratches that I can't even get photos of. Wheels are the stock wheels it came with, tires I assume are original (19k miles) but I haven't examined them closely. They're Pirelli P-zero, front is 235/35/19, rear is 305/30/19.

Location: Houston TX -I will drive a reasonable amount to deliver to you but if youre not in Houston, there pretty much arent any other major cities nearby anyway.

Tail lights - SOLD
Bumper + Exhaust pipes + rear upper deck piece - $750
Wheels + Tires (no TPMS) - SOLD

Photos of the wheels (and rear bumper) back on the car when I first bought it. Above items were taken off right away.

Also, not my car, but I'm like 95% certain this is what the tail lights look like for those wondering. All red with red sweeping LED. Euro lights start off 0% illuminated and fill to 100% amber. US start like 40% filled and fill to 100% red. All related to US regulations. They're not swap-able without recoding some stuff on your ECU I believe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you know if the rear bumper fits non spyder models as well?
I believe yes but not 100% certain.

The Regula bumper that I purchased was for a Coupe/Non-Spyder and I got it installed just fine. Only significant difference is the location of the 3rd brake light. So I can’t say 100% that they’re hot-swappable but I know my Regula aftermarket bumper came off a Coupe and I got it installed on my Spyder.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is the third brake light part of bumper sale , or tail light sale? Or individual part sale?
any pics of your new bumper and lights?Thx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

The car will be up for sale soon too. Getting a small paint chip on it fixed before getting it up for sale. Might be more cost effective to sell the Regula bumper and put the stock one back on but for now my plan is to sell with the bumper/mods still.

Tail lights look the same as the old ones but turn signals are amber instead of red. Expensive mod totally not worth it but it just looks cooler to me.

Answering your question tho- third brake light from original bumper is included of course. Not planning on selling separately.

·
Registered
2011 Audi R8 V10 Coupe
722 Posts
View attachment 249492

The car will be up for sale soon too. Getting a small paint chip on it fixed before getting it up for sale. Might be more cost effective to sell the Regula bumper and put the stock one back on but for now my plan is to sell with the bumper/mods still.

Tail lights look the same as the old ones but turn signals are amber instead of red. Expensive mod totally not worth it but it just looks cooler to me.

Answering your question tho- third brake light from original bumper is included of course. Not planning on selling separately.
So you removed your US taillights (red turn signal) and installed European taillights (amber turn signal)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,
Converted my tail lights to the orange euro-style tail lights so i no longer need mine. Also, converted the rear bumper to the aftermarket 'Regula' one so I no longer need the rear bumper + black optics tail/exhaust pipes + additional rear deck which goes above the rear bumper. My car is a 2014 R8 V10 Spyder (convertible), so please be aware of fitment before purchasing/inquiring. Bumper is suzuka grey, everything taken off at ~19k miles. No visible damage to the rear bumper with the exception of a small paint chip inside near the exhaust pipe -it's not visible when looking at the bumper directly from behind. Photo taken of this. I never actually noticed it until I had to take photos. Tail lights look pretty much flawless to me with exception of light surface scratches that I can't even get photos of. Wheels are the stock wheels it came with, tires I assume are original (19k miles) but I haven't examined them closely.

Location: Houston TX -I will drive a reasonable amount to deliver to you but if youre not in Houston, there pretty much arent any other major cities nearby anyway.

Tail lights - $600 (must be sold together)
Bumper + Exhaust pipes + rear upper deck piece - $750
Wheels + Tires (no TPMS) - $500 for all 4 View attachment 249321
View attachment 249322
View attachment 249323
View attachment 249324
View attachment 249325
View attachment 249326
View attachment 249327
View attachment 249328
View attachment 249329

Photos of the wheels (and rear bumper) back on the car when I first bought it. Above items were taken off right away.
View attachment 249335
Are the taillights still for sale?

·
Registered
35 Posts
sent you a PM

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Is the third brake light part of bumper sale , or tail light sale? Or individual part sale?
any pics of your new bumper and lights?Thx
Third brake light / rear upper deck bumper piece I consider to be 'part of the bumper' because you can't install the rear bumper without it.

So you removed your US taillights (red turn signal) and installed European taillights (amber turn signal)?
Hi, yep. I bought the signals and the conversion kit from a vendor here on R8Talk. Total with install was near 3k which kinda sucked but I’m happy with the end result. If you’ve got money to burn it’s a really nice look. Most of the cost was in the tail lights themselves.

Tail lights and bumper still for sale, I have a tentative buyer for wheels. Lots of interest in the tail lights and bumper but trying my best to not ship overseas due to price. If I don’t have a good US or local buyer in the next week or two I’ll just sell to whoever wants them and will pay shipping.

UPDATE: wheels sold

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought the wheels from Scrubs. He's a very nice guy, and the wheels were in great condition. Made the whole transaction super easy.

If anyone was wondering, the bumber and that long horizontal piece above the license plate (dont know the technical name) look to be in great shape.

I also took a close look at the taillights. held in my hand, looked at them all over, and they really do look like new.

Whoever buys them would be getting excellent condition parts.

Also, Scrubs, thanks for the emblem! I think I've found a place to mount it in my office that would look good.

GLWS!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m still interested in the tail lights. Haven’t gotten any PMs yet. If you can text me my phone number is 417-592-0937. Currently located in Kansas. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts