Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With only 1,700 miles on my R8 the fuel filler lid would not open with the door switch. The emergency mechanical pull in the engine compartment is not easy to find. They had to order a new cable from Germany to fix the problem (6 day wait). Has any one else had this problem. They also wanted to change the oil (car over 6 months old) and a lot of computer updates. Is that something others have experienced.:confused:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had this problem several times in my first couple of months of ownership, and the first two visits to the dealer did not resolve it. I carried a popsicle stick, as others were doing. I was careful to tuck the gas cap retainer strap out of the way of the latch. But I still had random recurrences of the problem.

Finally, I just took a box knife and cut the retaining strap off. That was almost a year ago, and no problem since.

This problem arises from a design flaw.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
desperado, Thanks for the link (your right I should have searched before posting.) Still doesn't sound like Audi USA has found a good fix for the problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan1, What did Audi do to "fix" your problem and did it really work:confused:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
That rubber leash needs to be at home before clicking shut. I remember getting freaked out a bit till I used a stick to pry open.Luckily it hasn't happened in a long,long,while.The lid REALLY locked on me one time when I had a PPI gas filler shield...hanging protector...like a 'don't disturb 'motel door knob sign. I had to discard it . It is made of Alcantara material and just did not fit right by me.:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts