Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a call today from my dealer about this.

i can send in my R8 to get it fitted with the new full LED headlights. cost is around USD7000 ++

anyone doing it as well?

·
Registered
943 Posts
At $7000, there is no way in hell I'll be getting them. It will probably be far cheaper to option the V10 with it than it is to retrofit them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My Dutch heritage probably shows through but I shudder at the idea of spending $7,000 for something that in a few years will be a $700 option at most.

I'm actually quite satisfied with the standard lighting, and I'm not a gadget freak, so I don't feel the urge.

·
Registered
482 Posts
waste of money. Can be better elsewhere on the car. That's a new set of wheels!

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
waste of money
I agree. However, with the A4 and RS6 etc coming out with LED Daytime running lights, we'll needwant to do SOMETHING ;) to distinguish the R8 from the other models in the marque. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Why - it sticks out from the crowd enough> I go to my dealers and think how dull the rest of the cars seem..

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree. However, with the A4 and RS6 etc coming out with LED Daytime running lights, we'll needwant to do SOMETHING ;) to distinguish the R8 from the other models in the marque. :rolleyes:
That way not just most people will stop in their tracks as soon as they see an R8 arrive, but everyone will... :cool:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well, the RS6 is a 100K plus car, so don't be too worried about that. You'll see just as many RS6's as R8's. And the A4, well, that looks nothing like the R8 even with headlights. Also, I don't think the A4 uses the same pattern, though I could be mistaken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts