Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some have the R8 badge colored like this. Mine is not. Where can you get the part to add on?

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yes good question I wanted to know this since bought my car, can some of you guys tell us why my new V10 plus has a bland looking colorless gas cap badge? I love the colored one and can I buy one? Thank you for posting this question Nosferatu.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
We have one in Satin Black available. OEM emblems - self-adhesive.
$99 shipped. Please email or PM with shipping address and email address to order.

Regards

·
Registered
252 Posts
R8 STUFF is the solution.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I purchased a decal from par8 (member on here). It's not a perfect fit but close enough from a few feet away and circa $15. Fuel cap decal.jpg

·
Registered
362 Posts
My R8 V10 Plus is an April 2016 build and has the "colored" gas cap. Cars built July 2016 and later seem to have the standard "non-colored" gas cap. Reason? Probably cost but not sure.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Factory part number is 4S08537362ZZ.

Picked mine up at the "stealer" for $135 but later discovered it on Ebay. Few other sources out there if you google part number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Chrome-R8-Inscription-AUDI-R8-4S3-4S9-4S08537362ZZ/201935557249?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Fits great and no adhesion issues after cleaning car several times.
Awesome thanks! The link doesn't show the "badge" but is that the right one?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Factory part number is 4S08537362ZZ.

Picked mine up at the "stealer" for $135 but later discovered it on Ebay. Few other sources out there if you google part number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Chrome-R8-Inscription-AUDI-R8-4S3-4S9-4S08537362ZZ/201935557249?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Fits great and no adhesion issues after cleaning car several times.
Does it fit cleanly within the indentations on the gas cap? Was the originally used gas cap comprised of a base cap with an emblem attached or is it a one-piece unit?

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Agree that it looks good from a distance. But if you enlarge the photo you can clearly see it doesn't fit within the indentation of the Gen 1 logo. I doubt that sticklers to detail would find it acceptable. Still waiting for R8 Stuff to have this colored decal for Gen 1!

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is not the rear emblem from gen 2. This gas cap badge is significantly smaller.

The fitment on the R is raised a millimeter or so and not perfectly flush with the indentation. The 8 is spot on. Sits right in the indentation with no overlap.

The gas cap was not compromised and original to the car.

The part number from the dealer matches the ebay ad so assuming it's the same badge despite the various illustrations. Parts Manager at Audi Dealer indicated the badge is for late year 2016-2017 models.

Here's the part number label and views at different angles. My OCD levels aren't on warp drive. I'm pleased with the fitment and look.

Hope this helps....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Thanks for the link HT. Looking at the diagram, ref #5 is the gas cap badge.

The Ebay listing does not indicate which ref number but I'll take it on faith the part number is for the correct item.

I've ordered. Only 2 left in stock. Better hurry guys. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is not the rear emblem from gen 2. This gas cap badge is significantly smaller.

The fitment on the R is raised a millimeter or so and not perfectly flush with the indentation. The 8 is spot on. Sits right in the indentation with no overlap.

The gas cap was not compromised and original to the car.

The part number from the dealer matches the ebay ad so assuming it's the same badge despite the various illustrations. Parts Manager at Audi Dealer indicated the badge is for late year 2016-2017 models.

Here's the part number label and views at different angles. My OCD levels aren't on warp drive. I'm pleased with the fitment and look.

Hope this helps....
Looks good. I wonder if you can heat up the badge slightly to get it to sit flush?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts