Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My 17 + does not drain out around the gas filler (when you wash it or rain - and I guess if I ever spill gas).

Before I poke in there, I am assuming there is a drain hole. Could other owners confirm?

Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow up question, is there a valve of sorts inside the drain hole/line?

I tried to "snake it" with weed trimmer line, and it gets stuck (i didnt want to put too much force).

Then I tried the other way around and used my MitiVac, its creates perfect vacuum (read, it doesn't unclog).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone has any ideas?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm a little lost on what you're referencing. My 2014 has a gas cover and a fuel cap.
Water never gets into that area.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Here's a photo of a Gen1 fuel cap and it has a short drain tube with a reasonably large internal diameter.

Gas cap.jpg

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a little lost on what you're referencing. My 2014 has a gas cover and a fuel cap.
I'm referring to the area under the gas filler. The area where gas goes in case you have a spill.

When you open the "R8 flap". Technically there is no gas cap on the Gen 2, the flap seals the filler hole.

I appreciate your feedback!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm referring to the area under the gas filler. The area where gas goes in case you have a spill.

When you open the "R8 flap". Technically there is no gas cap on the Gen 2, the flap seals the filler hole.

I appreciate your feedback!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts