Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some input from Gen 1 owners. I'm looking for a GT wing for my car but having a hard time finding one that come with a base plate to avoid drilling into the OEM one. Which one did you guys ended up going with? How's the quality and fitment?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
It's a prior design wing that I got from Osman on here.
Can you tell me how is it fixed and do you have any more images from a different angle please?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Can you tell me how is it fixed and do you have any more images from a different angle please?
I can get some more images if you would like. I had Osman order me another trunk lid painted in Ibis white, keeping the original un modifiied. I then bolted this fin to the backup trunk lid. Very easy to change out.

I just zoomed in the above image

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Thank you that's ideal. I couldn't see how it was fixed in your other image.

·
Registered
White V8 Manual
39 Posts
Not yet, but I'm considering going with German Rush
Ah ok, what's influenced the sway to German Rush?

Having spent a while digging through this forum, I am starting to get put off by the Maxton, with the requirement to drill into the stock spoiler and having to bodge it with rubber stoppers.

I saw on another thread on here (can't remember which now I have read so many) someone recommended Carbon Factory:

Someone stated they are just drop shipping it from China, but at that price, with a built in base plate and no visible screws, I don't mind paying a bit extra to buy through an accountable UK supplier. They have near 200 5 star reviews on Google and some great customer testimonials.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Any thought to going ducktail? If I had a coupe instead a spyder would definitely snag it.
Love these but the Liberty Walk option is the only one I've seen fitting really well & it's crazy $

·
Registered
2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Ibis White - Blackout | Carbon Blades Engine bay, Trim | Sport Exhaust
62 Posts
I went with the German Rush Gen 2 wing...for my 2015 gen 1. Came with CF base.
Did you install your GR wing on your Gen 1 yourself? As of this moment I have my whole back end torn down only to find the brackets from the original deflector do not come close to fitting the GR base.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I would go for liberty walk, doesn’t ruin the lines. I suppose that’s because it’s really a ducktail not a wing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts