Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Awesome pics (y)They both look fooking great. I really like the Gen 2 facelift, it's what the Gen 2 should have been from the start but the Gen 1 just looks so smooth and classy. Slightly prefer the Gen 1 facelift over the pre but small differences. Can see me moving up to the Gen 1 V10 soon.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Amazing that the original still sits right next to the latest and not only holds its own, but many would argue looks as good or better. Either way, beautiful pics and awesome cars.

Reactions: stug360

·
Registered
497 Posts
excellent photo shoot...i love both gen 1 & 2 but to me the original will always be the best. it's hard to replicate those body lines. in my opinion...why change the look if it was already a slam dunk from the get go? just compare the side blades...r8 is known for that gorgeous 1 piece blades and not its a 2 piece which is really not that attractive in my eyes. if i had both gens and i needed to sell one then the gen 2 will definitely have to go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great job with the photos and both cars are amazing! Shoot out to fellow Alberta boys as well.

I find myself liking the rear of the Gen I best but the front of the Gen II better. I agree the original will always be a classic and should continue to age very well. When I was shopping it was also very hard to pass up a chance at a gated manual, but for me, the 'tie breaker' was the newer tech and gorgeous interior.

Hard to go wrong with either really!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, everyone! I love how the pictures turned out as well. For me I'm biased, and I will still choose gen 1 manual simply because I like rowing between the gears and nothing beats a nice downshift. And I also prefer the original design. It's crazy to think that it still holds it's own weight beside a 2020 model when the gen 1 came out in 2008.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great job with the photos and both cars are amazing! Shoot out to fellow Alberta boys as well.

I find myself liking the rear of the Gen I best but the front of the Gen II better. I agree the original will always be a classic and should continue to age very well. When I was shopping it was also very hard to pass up a chance at a gated manual, but for me, the 'tie breaker' was the newer tech and gorgeous interior.

Hard to go wrong with either really!
Where in Alberta are you?

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Very nice - thanks for sharing!

Reactions: chin.up

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
The pictures look great!

I still like the curves of the Gen1 compared to the straight lines of the Gen2 better.

They both look great in the pictures.

I only wish they put the upgraded dash and controls of the Gen2 in the Gen 1.5 (2014-2015).

The Gen2 has less headroom for me with my helmet on track days.

I haven't been in a 2020 R8 yet, hopefully, I can fit with my helmet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, guys! The photographer did an amazing job.

It's truly amazing how well the original still holds it's ground compared to the new one. Random rant, but I feel like the argument with how gen 1 is outdated with the infotainment system is just silly. Soon enough the gen 2 will be in that same category with it being old tech. We simply cannot compete with how fast tech moves these days, like how our phones are.
No one ever says a Ferrari F40 is outdated. Timeless is timeless, and classic will always be a classic for a reason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts