Audi R8 Forums banner

Based on the pics below, do you prefer...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through my old pics and managed to find 2 near identical pic of my first R8 (2011 V10 Manual): One with a wing and one without. I bought this wing from china for less than £500 iirc.

Anyway, I wanted to poll the R8 community to see which they prefer.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

I currently have a 2014 R8 V10 plus STronic and have no wing on it.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
I prefer the uncluttered look of no wing.

Reactions: viappc

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ducktail!

·
Registered
67 Posts
It’s funny, before I bought the car i was sure I’d fit a wing but now I have one I find myself swinging the other way to no wing!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Reactions: FRlSKY

·
Registered
65 Posts
You should add a third picture of what the "no wing" car looks like when the standard spoiler is deployed. The "no wing" car actually has 2 different looks depending on speed.

I really like how the "no wing" car looks at speed with the standard spoiler automatically deployed. The car is super sleek and clean looking at rest, but has does have a small spoiler at speed. To my eye, this is the best combination.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Find me a liberty walk!
You sir, are a gentleman with the utmost taste. I’m still sad I can’t fit one onto my spyder. Had to settle for a carbon lip.

Reactions: WinterRunner

·
Registered
246 Posts
No wing. I really think the flow of the lines through the rear is broken up by the wing, and it looks better without.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another no wing voter here...looks like it slices around at low speeds more elegantly but like others have said can deploy the built in spoiler when things get a bit more racy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They both have their special beauty from certain angles. Overall, winged is sportier, and wingless has a cleaner look. Sorta like a GT3 and a GT3 Touring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts