Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pieced together exhaust footage I took over the past couple of weeks. The sound is pretty close to IRL. I didn't realize how loud the Kline is outside the car!

Hope it helps those scouring YT trying to get realistic exhaust sounds on the R8. I used a GP with external mic taped to the rear bumper, use headphones its pretty close to in person

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow sound for meditation!
Thanks. I have a 2022 coming in. Even though it has sport exhaust, I'll likely add aftermarket. My default is to go with Kline again, but that's 3 R8's in a row so feel like I might do a different brand this round. Thinking B-Rogue valved or Fabspeed Valved. Waiting to hear more video's of each.

Reactions: bpans2

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’m still so torn between exhausts. The sports exhaust on the 2022 is definitely boring unless you’re in performance mode and playing between 5.5k and higher RPM range. I’m thinking KLine or Akrapovic, but they seem to be a lot more quiet when compared to Capristo. Downside of Capristo is insane price for the metal used. I would do Quicksilver, but I don’t think I could live with that on a daily use due to neighbors lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m still so torn between exhausts. The sports exhaust on the 2022 is definitely boring unless you’re in performance mode and playing between 5.5k and higher RPM range. I’m thinking KLine or Akrapovic, but they seem to be a lot more quiet when compared to Capristo. Downside of Capristo is insane price for the metal used. I would do Quicksilver, but I don’t think I could live with that on a daily use due to neighbors lol
How about B-Rogue Valved/ Brooke Race Exhaust?
Or Valved FI Exhaust

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about B-Rogue Valved/ Brooke Race Exhaust?
Or Valved FI Exhaust
I would love to hear quicksilver. I cannot image how its that much louder than Kline. Is it an x-pipe or straight pipe with valves open?

I would love to hear B-Rogue valved. I am ok with a loud exhaust if its valved. What is the going rate for that?

Reactions: RWD

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would love to hear quicksilver. I cannot image how its that much louder than Kline. Is it an x-pipe or straight pipe with valves open?

I would love to hear B-Rogue valved. I am ok with a loud exhaust if its valved. What is the going rate for that?
EddieX on youtube 5 days ago sid he is getting a valved b-rogue .I am eagerly waiting to see the size of the mufflers.
$8500/- is the price of their valved b-rogue exhaust

I may end up buying Freq Intell Exhaust or Larini borth valved

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pieced together exhaust footage I took over the past couple of weeks. The sound is pretty close to IRL. I didn't realize how loud the Kline is outside the car!

Hope it helps those scouring YT trying to get realistic exhaust sounds on the R8. I used a GP with external mic taped to the rear bumper, use headphones its pretty close to in person

Is this the inconel setup or stainless? Sounds great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. I have a 2022 coming in. Even though it has sport exhaust, I'll likely add aftermarket. My default is to go with Kline again, but that's 3 R8's in a row so feel like I might do a different brand this round. Thinking B-Rogue valved or Fabspeed Valved. Waiting to hear more video's of each.
I just got Fabspeed (valved) installed on my 2018. I'll try and get some clips this weekend and post them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts