Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed any wings or spoilers on their Gen 2 R8 V10?
Or has anyone thought of getting one?
If you have one installed please post some pics!!!
Shoot your ideas! Trying to see what route i want to go!
Thanks in advance!

Mark

·
Registered
2017 R8 Crystal Blue Ara
179 Posts
^ I installed the v10+ spoiler on my base R8. Looks good IMO and just like the + now (minus the CC brakes)

I like it a lot. It is definitely a process to do. Installation of the wing is pretty straight fwd but to disable the OEM base plate from rising after you install the spoiler can be a pain in the butt but we figured out a way easier way of doing it....

Reactions: Kikkomon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ I installed the v10+ spoiler on my base R8. Looks good IMO and just like the + now (minus the CC brakes)

I like it a lot. It is definitely a process to do. Installation of the wing is pretty straight fwd but to disable the OEM base plate from rising after you install the spoiler can be a pain in the butt but we figured out a way easier way of doing it....
Have you seen the new one that came out?
I think this thing looks sick!

·
Registered
2017 R8 Crystal Blue Ara
179 Posts
^ wayyyy too much wing for me. Not into that look. I had big spoilers on my GTR and feel as tho it looks to rice for the R8. Largest I would go on the R8 is the Vorsteiner version. To each their own!

Reactions: Kikkomon

·
Registered
184 Posts
When you've got as much wing on as the GT2 car, maybe you've gone too far for driving down the shops!

Each to their own, but if you're going to do it then get a swan neck wing as they are more aerodynamically efficient.

·
Registered
102 Posts
^^ I also think it looks sick but in the traditional sense..........
Big spoilers look pants on road cars including GTn but then I don't even like the spoiler on the Plus/Performance as for me it spoils the lines of the car ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts