Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Audi R8 V10 Plus
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are you sick and tired of not being able to have a drink in your cup holder without being afraid it's going to spill? Well I have made a piece to solve this issue. I initially was making it for myself, but I figured everyone would want one because it works SO GODDAM well!

Tested with McDonalds cups, Tim hortons, Energy drinks, and coke cans. Everything holds solidly.

I'll make and sell them for $100USD shipped anywhere in Canada and USA. Shipping elsewhere will be based on actual shipping costs. Contact me for details. Made by me in Canada.

Mine is white, but the rest will be black bottomed, and will have rubber on the sides to keep them firmly in place.

PM me if interested. I accept PayPal or E-transfer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I have two different Audi R8 coffee cups. One changes colors when you put hot coffee in it. Both wobble in the cup holder. I found a koozie that fits the cups perfectly AND fits snug in the cup holders. I wish I would have found this 12 years ago. Some koozies work, some don't work.
I really like your product.

·
Premium Member
2015 Audi R8 V10 Plus
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two different Audi R8 coffee cups. One changes colors when you put hot coffee in it. Both wobble in the cup holder. I found a koozie that fits the cups perfectly AND fits snug in the cup holders. I wish I would have found this 12 years ago. Some koozies work, some don't work.
I really like your product.
I have one also, but it's much more common that I'm without it and have an open container. Once I spilled an iced cap because someone cut me off. I was soo pissed off. I've spilled monster drinks, and take out sodas. I'm curious if anyone else is sick of it too. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Any reason the base is white? I feel like this would look better in all black, including the loops.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Audi R8 V10 Plus
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any reason the base is white? I feel like this would look better in all black, including the loops.

The white was the protoytpe. You will receive an all black one, if you purchase. The loops are spring steel.

·
Premium Member
2015 Audi R8 V10 Plus
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you get some pictures of the final product installed? Might be interested.

The black ones are being made as we speak, but I'm waiting on delivery of rubber parts which will make it snug in the hole, but removable. it works just fine as is, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Also, it doesn't feel weird under your elbow if you lean on it. Here are pics of the prototype in my car. watch the video, if you didn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing the final product for sure, the white is super jarring, but assuming the black option blends better I'm probably interested.

·
Registered
117 Posts
rings and edges? I'm not sure what you mean.
I'm talking about the Audi rings and the edges in general, where each face connects. In the side by side picture, it looks like the black version has something strange going on with the Audi circles, but in the pic with it fitted in the car, it seems to look normal. It's a lot of money for a cup holder fix, so I just want to make sure that everything is perfect for that cost.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts