·
Premium Member
09 r8 v8
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Moi (me). h ahhah ah
View attachment 281288
View attachment 281289 View attachment 281290 View attachment 281291

and I have a few connections for dyno's.... one place wants me to work there! What? NO WAY I'm going to experiment on some guys brand new McClaren 720 (which they suggested!) Don't get me wrong, they are good enough to fix anything I break, but geeeesh... I am going to do my car and get the bugs worked out (never going over 800 BHP)...then sell the whole system, including custom exhaust. Twin Turbo R8 V8 market... small but fun.
whell ****! lol
that makes is easyer..

keep me updated.
whats your IG i will follow you on there.. incase i am to lasy to log in here lol

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
whell ****! lol
that makes is easyer..

keep me updated.
whats your IG i will follow you on there.. incase i am to lasy to log in here lol
@blacktop_mods keep in mind, I don't expect to start on this project again for up to a year... I'm in the middle of some significant life changes (not negative, not bad health, not divorce, etc.) ... just personal).

• Helpful
Reactions: XTROYDX

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've owned a "15 V10 plus as well as 570s, 720s, 720s spider and GT McLaren models. I absolutely love McLaren tech/speed/handling (except in the GT which was not a favorite of mine). over the past 5 years, no major problems, just little things (like a small external panel came loose or annoying vibration in the cabin at speed) which really were not an issue and usually sorted out in one day or a few at most. 720 did have issues with windshield and upper door gorilla glass cracks that required some time to get replacements sent from England.

R8 on the other hand was slower but sounded so much better and never had an issue over the 20k miles I drove it.

so -- in my opinion, try a McLaren! Both options are amazing, but variety is fun. You can always go back to an R8 (prices are improving) which I totally understand as well! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I've owned a "15 V10 plus as well as 570s, 720s, 720s spider and GT McLaren models. I absolutely love McLaren tech/speed/handling (except in the GT which was not a favorite of mine). over the past 5 years, no major problems, just little things (like a small external panel came loose or annoying vibration in the cabin at speed) which really were not an issue and usually sorted out in one day or a few at most. 720 did have issues with windshield and upper door gorilla glass cracks that required some time to get replacements sent from England.
you might be the first owner i've ever heard say that about mclaren. good data point particularly given the multiple cars

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can be sure I'll share it here when I do. On this site, I've already opened a thread. Life happened—there was a lot going on—and I made the honeycomb mesh air intake for the v10 sideblade (blacktopmods.com). I had also just begun working on my intercooler design. It will probably take some time, but when it resumes, it will be announced here. I should be in a position to continue within a year.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
You can be sure I'll share it here when I do. On this site, I've already opened a thread. Life happened—there was a lot going on—and I made the honeycomb mesh air intake for the v10 sideblade (blacktopmods.com). I had also just begun working on my intercooler design. It will probably take some time, but when it resumes, it will be announced here. I should be in a position to continue within a year.
Not sure why you quoted me without quotes, but just to be clear. It was me who posted this comment.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
When I do, you can be sure I'll post it here... I already started a thread somewhere on here.... I made the honeycomb mesh air intake the v10 sideblade (blacktopmods.com) and I had just started on my intercooler design and life happened... a lot of stuff going on. I should be in a place to continue within a year.. so it will probably be a while, but it will be posted here when it starts up again.

·
Premium Member
09 r8 v8
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

R8 on the other hand was slower but sounded so much better and never had an issue over the 20k miles I drove it.

so -- in my opinion, try a McLaren! Both options are amazing, but variety is fun. You can always go back to an R8 (prices are improving) which I totally understand as well! Good luck!
:) nailed it.. thank you :)

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
Why would you copy another members post and then post as your own? Seems very fishy so please explain or will ban

·
Banned
2 Posts
They gonna offer the original inferior one for a discount then haha? At 19k as much as I love my manual Gen 1, especially as my daily, I’d just roll that into a Gen 2. With the US dollar being pretty choice right now I’m hoping the TTS may be in the more manageable ball park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
They gonna offer the original inferior one for a discount then haha? At 19k as much as I love my manual Gen 1, especially as my daily, I’d just roll that into a Gen 2. With the US dollar being pretty choice right now I’m hoping the TTS may be in the more manageable ball park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bye spammer.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts