Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It appears quite common that our brakes develop vibration in a short amount of time, and that the upgraded wave patterned disc is slightly better. But I'm looking at upgrading with Girodisc pending the price of the updated OEM Disc? What vendors do we have here that sell them as a package?

Anyone else had any experience with the girodisc rotors? Thanks!

Vince

·
Registered
948 Posts
I think people have proven pretty definitively that the vibration is just brake pad deposition and can be cleared/fixed with a few very hard braking runs. In other words, it's not brake rotor warping. I know this isn't feedback on Girodisc rotors, but perhaps that helps?

·
Vendor
3,522 Posts
We sell the wavy rotors and will beat any US dealer price and ship to your door in 3 days!

Please send us a PM or email with a zip code for a quote.

Best wishes.

It appears quite common that are brakes develop vibration in a short amount of time, and that the upgraded wave patterned disc is slightly better. But I'm looking at upgrading with Girodisc pending the price of the updated OEM Disc? What vendors do we have here that sell them as a package?

Anyone else had any experience with the girodisc rotors? Thanks!

Vince

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think people have proven pretty definitively that the vibration is just brake pad deposition and can be cleared/fixed with a few very hard braking runs. In other words, it's not brake rotor warping. I know this isn't feedback on Girodisc rotors, but perhaps that helps?
I tried... A LOT of hard braking thinking that was the issue. At last it isn't... Thanks for the tip though. Only had 9k miles before the vibration started...

·
Registered
948 Posts
I tried... A LOT of hard braking thinking that was the issue. At last it isn't... Thanks for the tip though. Only had 9k miles before the vibration started...
Gotcha. Please post up a review of the Girodisc setup if you go that way, and good luck!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I tried the girodisc on my 2000 hp 570 and they were awesome. Better stopping power, lighter, less noise, and etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeap

Gotcha. Please post up a review of the Girodisc setup if you go that way, and good luck!
Certainly will.

I tried the girodisc on my 2000 hp 570 and they were awesome. Better stopping power, lighter, less noise, and etc.
Good to hear some personal reviews. My only objection to Girodisc is the semi blue center... Yea, a bit OCD...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Yeah I wasn't a fan of the center but that can be painted :)

Girodisc offered to paint mine but I didn't do it because I needed them quick and didn't have time to wait.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any updates on this?

i'm thinking since my budget can't get me the ceramics i need a better replacement set than oem's
Sadly no, I haven't even had time to order them yet. Lots of surprises this year, and the cold weather really doesn't help. Plan on ordering this coming Spring.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the center but that can be painted :)

Girodisc offered to paint mine but I didn't do it because I needed them quick and didn't have time to wait.
They did sent me a PM saying they can get it painted for a small fee. I'm in no hurry, so I might just do that.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I've used Girodisc rotors on my Porsche Cup with good success. Lighter than Porsche (cup) OEM and last longer.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I have the girodiscs for the last 20k miles paired with porterfield r4s pads. Disc and pads are faring better than OEMs which were toast around the same mileage.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Follow up on this, I was able to squeak about just 30k miles out of my front Girodisc rotors and R4S pads. Rear pads needed replacement too, but the rotors were fine.

I replaced the front rotor rings and pads with another set of R4S, but have been developing pad deposits lately with my new Underground Racing TT setup. In all fairness, I have been very hard on the brakes. Might be looking to go a different route with pads shortly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ive got the Giros too, love them!
Much better stopping power
Using the Pagid yellows
Tires and fluid have a hard time keeping up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts