Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

As per title, I am considering a Gloss Carbon roof only wrap on my Black V10 Plus.

Similar to the BMW M3 CSL.

I think it could look good, but obviously interested to see whether it’s been done before.

If so, please do share your pictures and opinions.

James

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yes fake carbon wrap on a super car? Not my cup of tea, by the way how many HP do you gain from that wrap material?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree I want to avoid the ‘ricer’ look, and the fake principle does not sit that well with me either.

However new wrapping materials do look very good compared to those around 10 years ago. Texture, depth etc.

It is also, completely reversible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Agree I want to avoid the ‘ricer’ look, and the fake principle does not sit that well with me either.

However new wrapping materials do look very good compared to those around 10 years ago. Texture, depth etc.

It is also, completely reversible.
I’ve come from an BMW M4 as well and really miss the carbon roof.
Would be good to see if anyone’s done it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is a new carbon fibre ppf available in the US and UK. Advantages are protects against stone chips, has real depth and 3D visuals, available in a Matt or gloss carbon. I would suggest looking into this before going with vinyl.

I will be doing this to my side skirts once it becomes available and probably to the roof also. Will post pics once it’s done.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think it could look quite good done right.

@drgmt - Any idea who the manufacturer is?

Very expensive but honestly it looks like the real deal.

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe
238 Posts
Carbon wrap....the space tape of the new millennium. (Google space tape if you’re not a boomer).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts