Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
^ agreed when buying my Ara Blue Gen 2 last year I ended up buying across the country in Maryland of all places. I had it shipped to me in So Cal.

Reason I did that was at the time prices were still higher and not many cars available in CA. I ended up getting the car for $122,500 and it came with carbon interior, exterior, full PPF and carbon diffuser and mirror caps. It didn't come with the diamond stitched leather but had everything else and MSRP was $185K. Car had 8,000 miles on it so overall at the time in July of 2019 I thought it was a decent deal.

Always be willing to expand your search for a better deal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Due to the relatively few cars out there, I have been looking nationwide from day one in order to increase the number of options.

I have seen some cars with unique and attractive colors, but they are nearly always on "V10 Plus" cars with a lot of options and inevitably they are either too expensive, have too many miles on them, or both. Glad to hear you think dynamite red is a unique color :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
^ agreed when buying my Ara Blue Gen 2 last year I ended up buying across the country in Maryland of all places. I had it shipped to me in So Cal.

Reason I did that was at the time prices were still higher and not many cars available in CA. I ended up getting the car for $122,500 and it came with carbon interior, exterior, full PPF and carbon diffuser and mirror caps. It didn't come with the diamond stitched leather but had everything else and MSRP was $185K. Car had 8,000 miles on it so overall at the time in July of 2019 I thought it was a decent deal.

Always be willing to expand your search for a better deal.
Yup. Been looking nationwide. Ara Blue Gen 2 is near the top of my list as well. Great car and options!!

Glad to hear that you were successful. Note: a year ago, $122K would have been an excellent price.

Hmm ... that makes me wonder if I should do what the wifey is advocating ... wait for a paint color that is higher on my priority list.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi eehome, can you not speak with Audi regarding the warranty and explain the circumstances? Seems a little harsh to not provide an extended warranty given the full service record and very recent expiry of the original.
I just ask for a bit of goodwill, especially given we're in the middle of a global pandemic.

Good luck with the search, sounds like a decent spec. car.

·
Registered
Switzer GTR, Protomotive 996TT, RS4, 17 Suzuka R8
28 Posts
Should see some more R8's up for sale as leases will be ending this summer.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’ve also started to somewhat consider options when the warranty expires on my Gen 1, and with those miles and options $117k is a good price, not probably a steal, but a good deal nonetheless. If a warranty is important you can still get a Fidelity warranty, Heather at Audi Indianapolis (contact below) gets very good reviews and a guy I know with a gen 2 just bought one from her. I don’t recall the exact details but it was approx $5k for a 5 year warranty, which seems like cheap “insurance” for such an awesome car. Good luck in your search, it’s an awesome car.

Heather Moyer
Audi Finance Manager

Audi Indianapolis
A Tom Wood Dealership
4610 E 96th St Ste B
Indianapolis, IN 46240

Direct: 317.853.3902

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Folks, thought I would provide an update on this saga :)

This vehicle is located a couple hours away from Dallas by car and I'm going to go see it to check it out today !!! Yay !!! :love:

In another thread, I asked for recommended dealers for extended warranty (see that thread for details). One of the recommended dealers would not sell an extended warranty (either Audi or Fidelity) on a vehicle that was now out of warranty unless they could inspect the car first. Given they are 1100 miles from me, that's not very workable.

Heather on the other hand indicated that an Audi factory warranty extension wasn't an option, but a Fidelity warranty is. Also, since the vehicle has less than 10K miles AND r8talk members get preferrential rates (make sure that your mention the forum when you communicate with her), I got quotes for up to 8 years for a couple of K less than 5 grand. Not bad.

Anyway, wish me luck! My wife isn't thrilled with the orange tinted red color and wants me to wait for a car with a more attractive color, so I have a bit of a hill to climb to close this deal....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Folks, thought I would provide an update on this saga :)

This vehicle is located a couple hours away from Dallas by car and I'm going to go see it to check it out today !!! Yay !!! :love:

In another thread, I asked for recommended dealers for extended warranty (see that thread for details). One of the recommended dealers would not sell an extended warranty (either Audi or Fidelity) on a vehicle that was now out of warranty unless they could inspect the car first. Given they are 1100 miles from me, that's not very workable.

Heather on the other hand indicated that an Audi factory warranty extension wasn't an option, but a Fidelity warranty is. Also, since the vehicle has less than 10K miles AND r8talk members get preferrential rates (make sure that your mention the forum when you communicate with her), I got quotes for up to 8 years for a couple of K less than 5 grand. Not bad.

Anyway, wish me luck! My wife isn't thrilled with the orange tinted red color and wants me to wait for a car with a more attractive color, so I have a bit of a hill to climb to close this deal....
MMR for a similar mileage 2017 non plus was around $120k recently. Assuming that you are looking at the car in TX I think the price is not too bad. I settled for a similar car which did not have the stitched seats but was still was under warranty. I am still going to go with a fidelity warranty over Audi since the cost is almost 2x for similar coverage so if you can still get the fidelty warranty I wouldn't worry too much about the expired warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks Tritus. I was able to see the Dynamite Red R8 in Pittsburg, Texas today. It was exactly as advertised. It was in mint condition other than two small paint chips that have already been corrected. Mileage and condition were excellent.

Ultimately, I passed on the R8 because my wife really, really did not like the orange-ish red color. And, that color is probably 4th on my list (i.e. I like other colors better).

It was both a fun day (because I got to see and drive an R8 and that's always a good day) and a disappointing day because I didn't buy an R8 today.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Folks,

I am just about to close a deal on a 2017 R8 V10.

Mileage = ~8K

Warranty expired on 4/30/2020

Exterior = dynamite red
Interior = black

Options:

$178,250 Original MSRP

20'' 10-Spoke Y Design Forged Wheels-Silver Finish
Red Brake Calipers
Carbon Exterior Package
* Carbon Sigma Side Blades
* Carbon Fiber Engine Compartment

* Diamond Stitch Leather Package
* Full Leather Package
* Diamond Stitched Seats and Headliner

The car is reportedly in mint/as-new condition with no mechanical or cosmetic imperfections. I will see it in person on Sunday, with a PPI scheduled for Monday.

The negotiated price is $117K. Is this a good price, great price, or too high?

Is the orange tinted dynamic red a popular color or is it less desirable?

This will be my first sports car at age 58 (I have had other priorities until now :)) and I will keep it for a long time. I have been looking at sports cars for 35 years and now I can actually buy one!

But, I am new to the supercar world and would appreciate your perspectives on this potential purchase.

When I first ran across an R8 in 2009/2010 time frame, I new I had finally found 'the car'. Now that I am about to retire, I will hopefully be able to finally scratch the R8 itch :cool:!!
R8 1.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Folks,

I am just about to close a deal on a 2017 R8 V10.

Mileage = ~8K

Warranty expired on 4/30/2020

Exterior = dynamite red
Interior = black

Options:

$178,250 Original MSRP

20'' 10-Spoke Y Design Forged Wheels-Silver Finish
Red Brake Calipers
Carbon Exterior Package
* Carbon Sigma Side Blades
* Carbon Fiber Engine Compartment

* Diamond Stitch Leather Package
* Full Leather Package
* Diamond Stitched Seats and Headliner

The car is reportedly in mint/as-new condition with no mechanical or cosmetic imperfections. I will see it in person on Sunday, with a PPI scheduled for Monday.

The negotiated price is $117K. Is this a good price, great price, or too high?

Is the orange tinted dynamic red a popular color or is it less desirable?

This will be my first sports car at age 58 (I have had other priorities until now :)) and I will keep it for a long time. I have been looking at sports cars for 35 years and now I can actually buy one!

But, I am new to the supercar world and would appreciate your perspectives on this potential purchase.

When I first ran across an R8 in 2009/2010 time frame, I new I had finally found 'the car'. Now that I am about to retire, I will hopefully be able to finally scratch the R8 itch :cool:!!
That is.a really good deal.
I recommend getting an extended warranty for peace of mind tho!

Cheers!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts