Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting so discouraged trying to find a nice low mile V10 manual. They pop up and within miniutes they are sold. Please hit me up with anything you have. I'm on every webbsite and posted lots of WTB this almost no responses.

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Finding a low mileage, great condition manual <fill in supercar>, in general, is becoming very difficult. As manufacturers severely stepped back from manuals a while ago now, the second hand market for them will become more crowded - in essence, what's out there is generally the last of it!

I enjoy manuals, but I'm grateful that I've never been hung up on them - it's hard enough (and expensive enough) to be a "car guy" - but it's getting even harder on those who are also manual enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would so love to find a Brilliant Red with Black interior V10 like yours EZ but in manual or any year for that matter as long as its low miles and clean. Anything under 35k would work. I've never seen a market dry up like this in all my years with cars.

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
I would so love to find a Brilliant Red with Black interior V10 like yours EZ but in manual or any year for that matter as long as its low miles and clean. Anything under 35k would work. I've never seen a market dry up like this in all my years with cars.
I think the manuals in the facelift years are just exceptionally few and far between. Not only were many less facelift cars produced (just two years), but the production numbers in the last year (2015) were about less than half of peak year production. Now add brilliant red (estimated at only 3% - 5% of production, I think?)... and now add that manual transmission! Yikes :) That may be tough to pull off... but it's out there somewhere... just not for sale. :)

But I think a lot of the manual owners will be holding tight... they know they're the last of their kind! I'm guessing part of this is also due to COVID, though. It's inconvenient to sell a car, and more so in a pandemic... especially if some feel they may have to entertain multiple tire kickers, etc. Just another theory.

I'll keep my eye out for you!

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Finding a low mileage, great condition manual <fill in supercar>, in general, is becoming very difficult. As manufacturers severely stepped back from manuals a while ago now, the second hand market for them will become more crowded - in essence, what's out there is generally the last of it!

I enjoy manuals, but I'm grateful that I've never been hung up on them - it's hard enough (and expensive enough) to be a "car guy" - but it's getting even harder on those who are also manual enthusiasts.
As I recently reported, I just purchased a 2002 Ferrari Modena, one owner, 5970 miles and a manual. I looked for at least two years and pulled the trigger immediately when it was listed for sale. I doubt it would have lasted more than a few days. Paid a premium but that’s what it usually takes. Obviously this applies to manual R8’s as well-especially a V10. I consider low mileage and one owner a real premium. I do still have my ‘15 R8 V8 manual with 1250 miles. Great car but I do wish I had ordered the V10. BTW the V8 is still an incredible vehicle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What is the premium? What should facelifted gen 1 v10 manual R8s sell for now? I’m seeing this craziness with F430 manuals and wondering if it will impact the r8 market. There’s a decent argument that there are even fewer r8 v10s in manual....

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Good luck!
I searched and searched when I bought mine over 2 years ago now. I checked everyday, and one popped up in the evening on AutoTrader. 9k mile V10 manual one owner, garage kept, full service records, pristine. I was the first caller Monday morning when they opened, but had submitted requests immediately after it was posted online.

I happened to be the first one in on it, and it was the only reason I got it. Put a deposit down Monday at 9after talking with the sales Mgr. He told me there were 10 people in line behind me. But I still got a fair deal.

And this was 2 years ago. I could prob sell it now for 15-20k more that I bought it for. But wouldn’t dream of even entertaining it.

I have been on the hunt for a 991 GT3RS in Mexico PTS or Miami. But they are sold almost instantaneously.

It’s crazy.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good luck!
I searched and searched when I bought mine over 2 years ago now. I checked everyday, and one popped up in the evening on AutoTrader. 9k mile V10 manual one owner, garage kept, full service records, pristine. I was the first caller Monday morning when they opened, but had submitted requests immediately after it was posted online.

I happened to be the first one in on it, and it was the only reason I got it. Put a deposit down Monday at 9after talking with the sales Mgr. He told me there were 10 people in line behind me. But I still got a fair deal.

And this was 2 years ago. I could prob sell it now for 15-20k more that I bought it for. But wouldn’t dream of even entertaining it.

I have been on the hunt for a 991 GT3RS in Mexico PTS or Miami. But they are sold almost instantaneously.

It’s crazy.
Are you looking for .1 or .2 RS? I’m also waiting for the right RS to pop up in my specs at a reasonable price. I just spoke to a dealer today that was willing to sell a UV .1 RS for $160k if you’re interested. Looked to be a clean low mileage example, but was the wrong color scheme for me. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Audi R8 V10 Spyder Gated M/T
20 Posts
Open your mind up to high mileage my friend! The lower miles car are really for collectors honestly, if you plan on driving it and want it to be reliable pick one well serviced with high miles. Picked up a 2012 V10 Spyder Manual with 52K miles and great service records for $75K last week, just arrived tonite. Cut the check before they could even finish putting the pictures on the website, they didn't even know what they had :)

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
What is the premium? What should facelifted gen 1 v10 manual R8s sell for now? I’m seeing this craziness with F430 manuals and wondering if it will impact the r8 market. There’s a decent argument that there are even fewer r8 v10s in manual....
A 2008 Ferrari 430 manual coupe just sold on BaT for $245,000!!
Three owners and 7,000 miles. WOW!
The 430 is Ferrari’s last model with a manual transmission.
I understand that my “new” 360 Modena with manual maybe worth 40% more than the F1 equivalent.
It is also my understanding that 360 and 430 Coupes are more valuable than the Spiders.
Will this gated craziness continue...who knows

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Addendum: 25% of Ferrari 360’s imported into the US were manuals. 400+ Coupes and 600+ Spiders. Only 10% of F430’s had manuals. I am unsure of the coupe/spider breakdown.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2011 V10 manual spyder - triple black with approx 18.9k miles, carbon fiber interior package and mirrors, fully paint corrected and ceramic coated. Bought it ~3 years ago from south Florida (after a full PPI from the local Audi dealer) and have put about 3500 miles on it since. Wasnt planning to sell, but seems like demand is high for manuals so I might consider letting it go. I would be pretty firm at $98k. Car is located in central NJ. PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CarGurus has a less than 10k mile 2010 in white for $129k that just popped up today.
There are no V10 manuals under 10,000 miles on any of the Car sites. Car Gurus only has 2 coupe V10's both over 30,000 miles. One for 94 with accident history amd a green one for 129

·
Registered
927 Posts
I paid a premium for a 8K mile daytona gray v10 gated, in which I was hunting for 5+ years. I was not even upset about paying 120K for my manual v10 in April 2019, and this thread helps validate the money spent even more so.

Reactions: jbusa95te
1 - 20 of 66 Posts