Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 11 months and 19,275 miles I have sold the R8. It has been a complete joy to own and feel sad to see it go.

However I have had to sell before it is worth less than my Polo and I need to put aside a nest egg in case of any future change of circumstances!

Best wishes to you all and Kreseo glad to see you got your car!

Ian Rudge

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
What price did you get for your car? Did you sell back to the dealer or a private party? What part of the world are you located?

·
Registered
943 Posts
What was the price, if you don't mind me asking. I'm in the US, so the market is a bit different, but I've got 9K miles on mine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ian,

Might I ask the same question ??? (send me a PM if you prefer)

The dealer price I have been offered for mine at 9K miles is £53K, which is crazy. I will try to sell it privately, but any guide figure you got for yours would be mch appreciated. Also, did you sell it prvately (how ?) or to a dealer ?

It has been good to have you on the forum.

Good luck for the future and happy motoring !!

·
Registered
482 Posts
After 11 months and 19,275mile I have sold the R8. It has been a complete joy to own and feel sad to see it go.

However I have had to sell before it is worth less than my Polo and I need to put aside a nest egg in case of any future change of circumstances!

Best wishes to you all and Kreseo glad to see you got your car!

Ian Rudge
Good luck Ian. Hope you find something great to replace it with! Do drop in from time to time!

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Take it easy, old man :D Nice hanging with you for a while.

mt

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What price did you get for your car? Did you sell back to the dealer or a private party? What part of the world are you located?
Dealer offered me £52k if I bought an S5 off the lot. Tempted but sold privately

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He collects it on Tuesday. My son is still crying!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ian,

Might I ask the same question ??? (send me a PM if you prefer)

The dealer price I have been offered for mine at 9K miles is £53K, which is crazy. I will try to sell it privately, but any guide figure you got for yours would be mch appreciated. Also, did you sell it prvately (how ?) or to a dealer ?

It has been good to have you on the forum.

Good luck for the future and happy motoring !!
That is brutal in my perspective because of the USD/GBP. At 2:1 it would seem normal, but that's only like $75K now! You're still looking at ~$100K in the US probably.

If someone from the EU didn't mind RHD, they'd get a steal of a deal at current exchange rates.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
This level of depreciation is unacceptable. It makes you want to dump your car so we don't lose 50% of the value of our car in less than one year. Has anyone else sold their R8 at such a reduced price? I paid $153 for my R8. It has all available options and R-tronic. If I can only sell it for $75K I will puke.

·
Registered
57 Posts
In times like these many people are dumping high quality assets left, right and centre, from Russian oligarchs down to the man on the street. Good times for guys with cash and patience to swoop up nice things. I for my part will keep on driving my R8. I was never intended to be an investment - the only return I'm looking for is driving pleasure..

·
Registered
718 Posts
This level of depreciation is unacceptable. It makes you want to dump your car so we don't lose 50% of the value of our car in less than one year. Has anyone else sold their R8 at such a reduced price? I paid $153 for my R8. It has all available options and R-tronic. If I can only sell it for $75K I will puke.

You forget the collapse in the exchange rate.................

One year ago £1 = $2.02, so a sale at £53,000 would have been $107,000 then or $79,000 at today's exchange rate !!!!!!!

If you look on the bright side (from a US perspective), the weak Pound means that we [in US terms] pay $115,000 for a new V8 or $148,000 for a new V10.

A year ago, we were all complaining that you, in The US, paid much less for your V8's a got a higher basic spec..........

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The reason for "dumping" my car is two fold. I am in a relationship with someone with small kids - not an ideal car and I always had a tipping point on values. Given that I was doing 2,000 miles a month the value of my car is not getting any better any time soon!

In those circumstances you tend to look at what you gain and not what you lose.

Worth every penny!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Should have bought on an Audi Personal Contract Plan, which gives a minimum value after a set period of time. Mine was bought as a demo, or a 'launch car' as it was called, with every factory option except the reversing camera. I bought it for £72k, with 4k on the clock (Audi have been only previous owner). On my PCP I have a guaranteed value after 4 years, and 60k miles of £30k. That's not bad in my opinion, considering the figures being talked about here. A drop of only 50% after 4 years and 60,000 miles. Bargain.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Should have bought on an Audi Personal Contract Plan, which gives a minimum value after a set period of time. Mine was bought as a demo, or a 'launch car' as it was called, with every factory option except the reversing camera. I bought it for £72k, with 4k on the clock (Audi have been only previous owner). On my PCP I have a guaranteed value after 4 years, and 60k miles of £30k. That's not bad in my opinion, considering the figures being talked about here. A drop of only 50% after 4 years and 60,000 miles. Bargain.
ooh ... post your reg and i'll check a few youtube vids just in case it's been round a few tracks ...the last one was seen in Spain ...:eek:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Is that only available in the UK? I've never heard of that.

While it may seem like a good deal, I don't think I could get anywhere near 60K miles in 4 years. If I average what I've done this year, I'd only be in the 30's after 4 years, and I don't think I think that 30K GBP at the old exchange, so $60K would be still a bit low.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts