Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a 2017 and was able to sync my Samsung S9+ to the R8 for telephone and music. I do see Audi Connect but it states unable to connect even with the Bluetooth paired to my phone. Does this mean that my build does not have this feature?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here are step by step instructions for anyone wishing to use Audi Connect or google maps through the wireless hotspot on their phone.
First, go into Connection manager. As you can see below, there is currently no active Data connection:

Select Data Connection then use the right menu option and select Wi-Fi settings, then Network search:

As show below, ensure wireless is enabled on your phone and your hotspot is turned on:

Select your wireless hotspot from the available network list:

Enter the password when prompted:

give it a minute (you may have to repeat the connection attempt):

You're in business:

Connection Manager now shows your active Data connection:

Enjoy Audi connect and google maps:

Unfortunately the car does prompt you to press Accept each time you start it as it has no data connection until the wi-fi connection is made.

Apologies for the delay in posting, garage had my car and was closed due to the pandemic - ten weeks without my R8 :/

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
...and like I said before this doesn't work on the 2017 cars in north america. Here's what it looks like...it's wifi on (to connect to car's network) or wifi off. There's no option for it to connect to another device to tether off phone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Unfortunate. I wonder which regions have the full functionality.

...and like I said before this doesn't work on the 2017 cars in north america. Here's what it looks like...it's wifi on (to connect to car's network) or wifi off. There's no option for it to connect to another device to tether off phone.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wonder if this feature can be unlocked from the people that has the computer software program that turns on/off features in our cars?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I wonder if this feature can be unlocked from the people that has the computer software program that turns on/off features in our cars?
Or can be done maybe via VCDS/OBDEleven. I have an RS7 and there are plenty of regional things I can turn on and turn off on that car at will. It's probably coded off but I don't have the expertise to know what to change.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts