Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was invited to the unveiling of the new V12 TDI last night in New York City. It was a wonderful event with great food from David Bouley, some jazz and Audi's Johan de Nysschen donated the new A5 designed by artist Hunt Slonem to benefit Denise Rich's G&P Foundation for cancer.

I got to sit in the new TDI and it was beautiful but I must admit a little to flashy for me.( I guess it needs that to be a supercar concept) The car has a lot more carbon fiber than my R8, but looks amazing with red accents on the seats, door sills and instrument panel. The roof is glass with a wild scoop in the middle to push air into the engine compartment. The steering wheel contains a Start/Stop button, with settings for sportier rides. The engine compartment looked wild with alot of Carbon and the engine seemed huge, leaving the space behind the seats much smaller.

I got to have a private talk with Exec VP Johan de Nysschen for a couple of minutes, and thanked him for the help his staff gave me in getting carbon fiber for my R8. I also expressed the R8talk communities issues with the wrong information or no information given to us or our dealerships. He seemed very nice and was happy I addressed some issues with him.

I will post pictures later when I have a chance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK... so why or how did you get the invite?
I sent two letter to Johan de Nysschen, and got some help from his representatives and I guess that got me on the list. It was a real upscale crowd with alot of journalist and camera people. The people were really nice but I think they were more interested with the food rather than the cars. There were also a large amount of Germans and Europeans there and I guess they worked for Audi and were in New York to work the Auto Show which opens tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts