Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my R8 today...:D However there are 2 things wrong with the car. I ordered Lava Gray sideblades, but it came with the Silver... Also, I ordered the Piano Black interior trim, but it came with the regular leather with the deviating stitching..:mad: I was Happy and Mad at the same time... Happy to get my R8, and [email protected]#$ing pissed that they [email protected]#$ed up my order ~!! My dealer apologized and told me they would do something about it... Probably a retrofit... Anyways, I had the car for about 6 hours today, and man it's exactly like you guys said....People staring, asking questions, phone cameras, etc.... I haven't looked at the manual yet, but when does the lights in the engine compartment come on? I have the lights, I just haven't been able to see it come on. Also, is there a setting to tilt the side view mirrors when in reverse? And finally, do the LED lights in the front get dimmer when the headlight dial is in parking light mode(Between the Auto and the headlight mode)?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Theres a little switch by the ignition that has a clock/light on it that does the coming home function which lights it up for a definable time - not sure if the main light switch needs to be set to auto for it to work.

The coming home/leaving home settings can be changed via the dis reset/rocker switch.

·
Registered
347 Posts
congrats!!! let's go for a drive next week! i was planning to take next thurs off. i expect to get the car wed or thurs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got my R8 today...:D However there are 2 things wrong with the car. I ordered Lava Gray sideblades, but it came with the Silver... Also, I ordered the Piano Black interior trim, but it came with the regular leather with the deviating stitching..:mad: I was Happy and Mad at the same time... Happy to get my R8, and [email protected]#$ing pissed that they [email protected]#$ed up my order ~!! My dealer apologized and told me they would do something about it... Probably a retrofit... Anyways, I had the car for about 6 hours today, and man it's exactly like you guys said....People staring, asking questions, phone cameras, etc.... I haven't looked at the manual yet, but when does the lights in the engine compartment come on? I have the lights, I just haven't been able to see it come on. Also, is there a setting to tilt the side view mirrors when in reverse? And finally, do the LED lights in the front get dimmer when the headlight dial is in parking light mode(Between the Auto and the headlight mode)?
My order was also screwed up by Audi. I ordered an Ice Silver R8 with Apollo Blades and a full Audi Exclusive interior in Mustang / Tuscan Brown with Black Carpets and Black Alcantara Headliner. And the R8 logo on the rear was to be deleted.
The exterior colour and blades are as ordered, but the interior is another story. The seats, steering wheel, brake lever are Mustang / Tuscan Brown and the leather on the Shift Knob is a Dark Brown, which matches nothing. The rest of the interior is Black Leather with Black Alcantara Headliner. The R8 logo was not deleted. The dealer said the problem was between Audi USA in Michigan and Audi in Germany. They said they could order the parts and change everything for me, for an additional charge of USD $20,000. I do not want my car torn up, with potential rattles, so I declined. The dealer
is going to order another car for me, but first I am going to go to the NY
Audi Forum and have them spec things exactly before I give my order to
my dealer. At this point, I think I should wait for the V10 R8. As it would
be 4th Quarter before a replacement would arrive. I would presume the
V10 might have some interior options that are not presently available.
In spite of the order problems, I do love my R8. It's GREAT!
I wish Audi would get their Audi Individual act together and offer the same
convenience and service I had when I ordered my Bentley Continental GT.

·
Registered
156 Posts
resonate...congrats!!! =)
but crap...that freaking dealer...what the hell???
i hope they fix it up...black with silver blades is too much of a contrast for me personally...

oh and R8tulsa,
did you pick up your R8? i thought you decided against it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, the contrast is not that bad in real life. I'm sort of getting used to it. heheh.. Anyways, i'm in Shanghai right now. Can't wait to go back to Seoul.

800, Let's go for a drive next week. I'm going back to Seoul on Sunday.

·
Registered
156 Posts
as soon as you get back...
grab a camera...even if it's your phone..and snap some pics of your first born baby ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts