Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been an Audi fan since back in high school and over the years have had most models including 4000cs, A4, TT, S4, RS4 (which we still have), and recently added the R8. I got a very slightly used one from a 6speed member because I still hadn't gotten the call from the dealer on a new allocation. After driving it for the last few weeks I can surely say its my favorite daily driver. I have others like the 997TT, but the R8 is unbelievable. It sounds great, is easy to shift, gets looks everywhere I go, and has that quality Audi feel. Would I consider the V10 if/when it comes out for my daily driver? Probably not at this point because I don't know what more I want for something I drive on the street. Anyways, wanted to introduce myself and share my experience and pics. Enjoy

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've been an Audi fan since back in high school and over the years have had most models including 4000cs, A4, TT, S4, RS4 (which we still have), and recently added the R8. I got a very slightly used one from a 6speed member because I still hadn't gotten the call from the dealer on a new allocation. After driving it for the last few weeks I can surely say its my favorite daily driver. I have others like the 997TT, but the R8 is unbelievable. It sounds great, is easy to shift, gets looks everywhere I go, and has that quality Audi feel. Would I consider the V10 if/when it comes out for my daily driver? Probably not at this point because I don't know what more I want for something I drive on the street. Anyways, wanted to introduce myself and share my experience and pics. Enjoy

NICE. what color is the side blade? Apollo silver?

·
Registered
482 Posts
congrats!!!! What options?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The blade is ice metallic silver if I remember right - I was contemplating doing a full carbon fiber package but seems like a lot of $ for what you get. As far as options, I purposely opted for the Alcatara seats. I love them in my gt3 because it keeps me from sliding around and getting sticky. The car came from the LA area and the guy that had it tends to go through many cars a year. The only thing he did was clear bra'd the entire hood, the car just passed 1100 miles. Many people say it hurts resale but I buy these cars to enjoy and just expect to lose money on them. Its a 6 speed, premium package and I think thats about it. Oh, and next to my drive in each day, my next favorite thing is to pull into the parking garage and rev it a bit, sounds INSANE with the echo. Here are the rest of the pics so far:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0603/awelch/2008 Audi R8/?albumview=grid

·
Registered
340 Posts
Congratulation awelch. I got mine 3 days ago and it is an awesome car. It feels so locked down at speed. The engine sound is great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts