Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my R8 on Friday, and today has been first day I got time and weather to take it out for a good run. Awesome car, cant beleive the attention it gets :)

One problem, - the stereo, which is ths std setup, if you turn it up a lot, and have bass on quite high as I prefer, whenever a loud bit comes on a track, the volume seems to go down, then back up again - as if it is trying to prevent damage to the speakers (or my ears!) or something

Is this normal? Anyone else noticed it. Its quite annoying when you are trying to listen to a track up loud, and the volume is up and down like a yoyo :(

Heres is a pic :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Gord59...beautiful car! I can not comment on the standard stereo as I have the B&O option in mine. But, you might be driving the amplifiers too hard and there is a limiter somewhere in the system or a component failure. Call Audi to inquire. You can always upgrade your speakers, if need be. I
personally prefer to buy the best factory system available to avoid having my cars torn apart by people who always seem to create damage and rattles.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yup, mine happens when the windows are down. I read somewhere in the manual, the stereo has a MIC pickup that samples the sound inside the cabin and adjusts for optimal sound. Having the windows down and wind noise effect the MIC and the system compensates erracticly. Shut both windows and all should be ok.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
The standard stereo doesn't have the audiopilot thing that the bose does where it samples the sound, but it could be the "Graduated Audio Level Adjustment" aka gala which alters volume according to speed - you can change that by clicking radio, then sound, then dsp, then gala.

the car looks stunning in that pic

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems to be neither, as when windows are up it does the same also when gala is set to 0 does the same. Its going into the dealer tob e checked, as I think there is something up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts