Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a call from Audi today and they said to go in and put together my final build spec.
They said that I could order a 2009 spec v8 for delivery in November 2008 or order a V10 for March delivery next year.

As much as I am tempted to go the V10 I think I will go the V8

I think my spec will be.
Daytona with Carbon blades, full leather (Beige seats and door inserts), dimming folding mirrors, Alcantara roof linning (black), Bang & Olufsen system, leather gear knob, manual six speed, leather on central console (black with beige stichng, leather arm rest on the doors and around sat nav, Beige carpets with black mats(still thinking about this) and Beige stiching around steering wheel.
The other thing that I have been told but can not comfirm is that as an option for 09 is white instruments.But I dont know if they would look any good.

I have seen a Maserarti with a similar intirior and it looked great.

Most other things are standard in our market but I still dont know if i should go with the hill hold assist. Is it a button that you press to activate or is it auto when you are on a hill?

I think after concidering the Aston 4.7 v8 and the new C4S I should be happy with the R8. I hope so.

From what I read on this forum it seems like most of you are happy with the car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
go for it, you'll be happy

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
"Most other things are standard in our market but I still dont know if i should go with the hill hold assist. Is it a button that you press to activate or is it auto when you are on a hill?

It is "automatic" ...and I like it especially in combination with rtronic.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Actually, the hill-hold assist is more of a must have on a manual. Like I posted somewhere else before, it saved my ass many times...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a call from Audi today and they said to go in and put together my final build spec.
They said that I could order a 2009 spec v8 for delivery in November 2008 or order a V10 for March delivery next year.

As much as I am tempted to go the V10 I think I will go the V8

I think my spec will be.
Daytona with Carbon blades, full leather (Beige seats and door inserts), dimming folding mirrors, Alcantara roof linning (black), Bang & Olufsen system, leather gear knob, manual six speed, leather on central console (black with beige stichng, leather arm rest on the doors and around sat nav, Beige carpets with black mats(still thinking about this) and Beige stiching around steering wheel.
The other thing that I have been told but can not comfirm is that as an option for 09 is white instruments.But I dont know if they would look any good.

I have seen a Maserarti with a similar intirior and it looked great.

Most other things are standard in our market but I still dont know if i should go with the hill hold assist. Is it a button that you press to activate or is it auto when you are on a hill?

I think after concidering the Aston 4.7 v8 and the new C4S I should be happy with the R8. I hope so.

From what I read on this forum it seems like most of you are happy with the car.
What the. You are allowed to order carbon blades? They are back? :)

Oh, and congrats!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I know the feeling. After about 2 years on the list, I was told today of an August build with a October or November delivery to the US (Oklahoma). It too will be an '09. I've been following some threads, I hope Carbon Fiber is available as well as the White for the information display. Where can one find the Audi codes that are used when ordering options?
Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
carbon blades are nice... glad to have got the last set for korea...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts