Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
dealer had a special "private event" last night to show the car...
much more beautiful in person than in any pics-
it was the dark gray with silver blade and red interior (someone can help me with the correct terms for these colors)... did not have carbon fiber engine bay and the car was european spec (the only thing that i could tell that this means was the seats were slightly diff from the u.s. seats- which are like the tt ).

its a very "snug" cabin, but the seat adjusts very well. a friend was there who is 6'2". wasnt easy for him to get in, but once in he said it had plenty of room and he didnt have to put the seat all the way back.

absolutely a car that commands attention!

i have pics, but do not know how to post them-
so i have posted them on a site that i do know how to get pics up on... the pics are here:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=73&t=480733

the bad news is that i am lucky #13 and the dealer expected me to move up on the list so that i could get a car in the first year, but he is now telling me that his allocation is likely to be less than he originally thought, and no one is dropping off of the list. he expects to start getting cars in the fall - instead of late summer as they told me last time... my car is probably a year away (and looks like it might be a 2009)!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
thanks for the pics

let me tell you, youre not the only one dissapointed by audi, but still hope that you get your car earlier.. best of luck ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any more pictures of the interior?
It's hard to tell, but this may be the first "non-extended leather" or carbon fiber-equipped interior I've seen!
only one i have is one similar to one that was already there, but i realized that it is clearer... (so i did replace it)
these pics are too large for this site, so it is posted in the original thread on the s2000 site. strange that the s2000 site does not have limits on pics sizes, but this site does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts