1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
564 Posts
Deliveries in North America start by early September after European markets start getting their cars in June.:eek:
I thought we can all look forward to end of April! (or atleast those of us who planted their deposit early enough) ??

Kreso? - any outlooks on possible delays? :confused: :mad:
I know the private pickup of the R8 in Neckarsulm doesnt change delivery timeline, or doest it at least a bit? please? :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
dealers and other cars, whats the diff??? sry for not getting it...
Dealers R8s are used for promotional purposes I suspect. So your dealer get's one and he get's to drive around in it to show it off. The cars for the buyers arrive later. Like Kreso said, late may, early june.
At least, that's how I interprete Kreso's post.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ah thats what i didnt understand... I thought in a earlier post from Kreso.. that first deliveries are end of April, which is true, but not for the Buyers!! :(

So I really have to wait another 4-5 months for my R8 where I dropped a deposit of CHF 50k in November!!:eek: ?? well now i am, ... just a little bit dissapointed but i am sure that as the last one to finally realize it in this forum, I have all of your understanding and support now ;) thank you!

Neckarsulm ist just 310km away from here, **** it..

pls forgive me if i my "rantig" continues... but the pickup at neckarsulm.. i mean that should at least buy me 2 days? rite? :D :D

IF we wait till june, well then we can wait until we get the bucketseats.. i mean what diff does it make... i need to rest now after this shock... :cool:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Kreso,

The article mentions the 520 bhp V10 in 2009 and, possibly, a biturbo V10 610 bhp later in 2009, named "RS8".

Does your friend know anything about this ??

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yes. 5.2L V10 high reving version of current S8 engine with dry sump will be introduced in Paris 2008(maybe even summer 2008). First deliveries end of 2008... Numbers(pure speculation, but they are 99% for sure):

0-100km/h: 4.0s
0-200km/h:12.8s
0-200km/h:40.8s
Max: 315-320km/h
520hp/540Nm
Weight: 1590kg

Biturbo version? NO.
6.0L V12 TDI?? NO! Only if Audi reduces weight(330kg!) of the engine and find a way too cool this engine in R8. And this engine requires AUTOMATIC gearbox...

BUT... There is another possibility... Also little bit more then 600hp... Gasoline engine...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Best article yet - until the other reviews hit the newstands.
Didn't understand what the reviewer meant by "While the unique presence of the car in question has altered little [compared to the concept car], both the name and the powertrain, thank goodness, have." I liked the name Le Mans Quattro, and I wouldn't have minded 600+ HP either!
Also, this is another review implying the car will base price at $110k, which seems about $15k too much. Add R-tronic and other options plus gas guzzler and sales taxes and you're over $135k...

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Is it likely to be called an RS8 tho' since this shoul be preserved for the fastest A8 in keeping with the RS4 and 6?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Agree ... best article to date ... full views and thoughts expressed ... which has not always been the case in other reviews.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts