Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for a web site like this & just joined
The r8 will be at the Sydney Motor Show in 2 weeks
Having owned 7 audis previously I will be having a close look at the R8.
Currently driving am M5
But its time to go back to 2 doors
Anyone else from Australia on the board?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ive been looking for a web site like this & just joined
The r8 will be at the Sydney Motor Show in 2 weeks
Having owned 7 audis previously I will be having a close look at the R8.
Currently driving am M5
But its time to go back to 2 doors
Anyone else from Australia on the board?
Welcome to the board Matt ... I can see why you'd go back to a two door now the R8 is on it's way ... the M5 is an awesome and impressive car ... but for me it's just too big ... I'm off to see an R8 in a showroom this morning ... just about to post a thread here to reveal all as it were.

I think you're the first member from Australia ... or at least the first one I can remember making a post ... though I might be mistaken.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey..... i would like to know the price range on R8 and is it a big differences with the price of RS4?? cos i will be getting an RS4 in December and i just looked at pics of R8 and i start to decideon these two cars. :D

·
Registered
840 Posts
hey..... i would like to know the price range on R8 and is it a big differences with the price of RS4?? cos i will be getting an RS4 in December and i just looked at pics of R8 and i start to decideon these two cars. :D
Hi Cally ... always nice to have new members joining in and posting ... not knowing if you're in the UK, USA, Autralia, or somewhere else, I'll give you the prices of the RS4 and R8 ... to the best of my knowledge here in the UK.
RS4 (saloon) ... £50,675 on the road
RS4 Avant (estate) ... £51,825 on the road
R8 ... £75,900 on the road​
The RS4 prices above are as currently shown on the UK Audi website ... the R8 price above is taken from the internal details sent round to Audi dealerships at the end of September/start of October.

Obviously these prices are for the standard/basic model with no additional options. As an example the base price of the RS4 on the road was (if my memory is right) £49,850 when it first came out ... to put my RS4 on the road in March this year mine was £53,400 after all the options had been put on it. So expect to add between £2,000 and £3,000 to the price of your RS4 once you have taken into consideration all the options you might want ... I tend to go overboard with the options, hence why I put £3,550 extra onto the price of mine!

As far as the R8 goes ... magnetic ride will virtually be a mandatory option for most customers ... imho this could be anywhere between £4,000 to £6,000 ... then you've got bluetooth and Sat Nav Plus which will more than likely appear on the majority of cars ... add in the region of £2,000 and you're looking like adding between £6,000 and £8,000 to the price of the R8. I would suggest its quite likely to end up with many R8's not hitting the tarmac for less than £83,000 in the UK ... I think mine will likley be in teh region of £85,000.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I know they are different systems, but the Magnetic Ride on the TT is only something like £1100 as an option... (IIRC)
I soooooo hope you're right ... and that the price is similar when the option is added to the R8 ... :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have now spent 5 minutes sitting in the R8
Im 6 foot 2 inches plenty of headroom
Easy to get in & out of( better than rs4) seats
Ground clearance not really practical for Aussie roads
Looks to die for etc.
Talking $260,000 for V8 in oz
Impressive expensive luggage option
The STAR of the Sydney Motor Show