Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Like others, I have been searching for high-quality replacement for the low-quality plastic OEM paddle shifters on my Audi R8 V10 Plus Gen 2.

There are a number of ‘clip on/stick on’ paddle extension options, however at this level, I think we can do better.

I have also seen full replacement items, however either the design is poor, or they have been disproportionately priced.

I am in discussions with a company regarding providing full matt carbon replacement shifters.

They usually come as part of their custom steering wheels, however, they seem willing to provide them separately.

I understand there is an element of DIY required to swap the electrical elements from OEM to the carbon paddles. I’ve asked for more info.

I am in the process of getting more information, and I am hopeful to negotiate a reasonable per unit price. (Currently €380 delivered- still a bit expensive)

In the meantime, I am interested to see whether others are interested and whether a group buy could be possible to get the cost down further.

Please let me know by reply to this thread, and once I have numbers, I will broker the idea with the seller to see what they can offer.

I would want to receive and test my own, before recommending fully, but I think you will agree the paddles look promising.

Best,

James

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes! Jamie, are you on the UK owners Facebook group?

·
Registered
176 Posts
So, these look like full paddles attached to the original mechanism? Be interesting to know what the click quality is like, and if they work flawlessly throughout the length of the paddle. Also, whether the paddle obstructs any of the instrument panel as some of the larger aftermarket ones seem to (although these look more modestly sized that some).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Great.

Agree on your points. Needs a full review in due course, should I proceed.

I will join FB Group at some point.

I didn’t have all the info to hand (VIN etc) last time I attempted to join.

Yes! Jamie, are you on the UK owners Facebook group?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interested. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Hi All,

Like others, I have been searching for high-quality replacement for the low-quality plastic OEM paddle shifters on my Audi R8 V10 Plus Gen 2.

There are a number of ‘clip on/stick on’ paddle extension options, however at this level, I think we can do better.

I have also seen full replacement items, however either the design is poor, or they have been disproportionately priced.

I am in discussions with a company regarding providing full matt carbon replacement shifters.

They usually come as part of their custom steering wheels, however, they seem willing to provide them separately.

I understand there is an element of DIY required to swap the electrical elements from OEM to the carbon paddles. I’ve asked for more info.

I am in the process of getting more information, and I am hopeful to negotiate a reasonable per unit price. (Currently €380 delivered- still a bit expensive)

In the meantime, I am interested to see whether others are interested and whether a group buy could be possible to get the cost down further.

Please let me know by reply to this thread, and once I have numbers, I will broker the idea with the seller to see what they can offer.

I would want to receive and test my own, before recommending fully, but I think you will agree the paddles look promising.

Best,

James View attachment 247991 View attachment 247992
Hi All,

Best,

Add my name to those interested!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Best,

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
These are another really good looking option.
Neidfaktor - they produce really high quality carbon pieces. And yes, the paddles do just clip on but in my opinion, they have integrated them well with the carbon extended paddles.
The blue alcantara was a project they did fully custom for a client.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts